Honored Contributor

It has been going on two weeks since I left the house and put REAL clothes on.  Is that weird or something? I am not depressed or unhappy. Just like staying home and being in comfy clothes.  Go on my dog walks... work in the yard... etc.

Going out somewhere is so much work.  I just have everything delivered anymore since the pandemic started.  Would rather not go into a store and I am starting to like that more and more.  

Is this the new norm?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I have lung disease, so I have only left my home 3 times since March, 2020.

2 were for Dr. appts. the other was my first Covid vaccine.

But like you, I'm a homebody anyway and DH is stepping up big time for anything we 'need'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden Just got home from my second moderna shot and I wore "real" clothes.  A real treat.

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@SeaMaiden Just got home from my second moderna shot and I wore "real" clothes.  A real treat.

@tobes     yes... getting ready to go OUT and put on REAL CLOTHES is rather exciting to me too.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it is the new norm for many.  Some, yes, but many people are still going out, working, getting groceries, eating in restaurants.    

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@tobes 

I'm scheduled for my second Moderna shot 3/5, please post your experience with any side effects with your second if you don't mind!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I carefully plan what I'm going to wear to Walmart for grocery pick up.  Big social event.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It has been going on two weeks since I left the house and put REAL clothes on.  Is that weird or something? I am not depressed or unhappy. Just like staying home and being in comfy clothes.  Go on my dog walks... work in the yard... etc.

Going out somewhere is so much work.  I just have everything delivered anymore since the pandemic started.  Would rather not go into a store and I am starting to like that more and more.  

Is this the new norm?

Yes, I think it is the new norm for you and many more.  However, there are many of us that life hasn't changed that much.  The life that DH and I are living is pretty much what we always did, except we wear a mask, take hand sanitizer and wipes with us wherever we go.  We eat out, have stayed in motels, been to all of our doctor appointments - yearly physicals, dental, eye, derm.....some several times.  I have been to the mall, tried on clothes, the beach, gone grocery shopping, been to Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, church, numerous thrift shops, everywhere that I went "before" I go to now, if it is open.

We respect the choices that each individual has to make for themselves.  It is important for people to feel safe with their decisions.  It sounds as if you do and so do I.  Thank God we still have the freedom to choose.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I've been working from home for 5+ years.  Up to last March, I would go into the office once a week & looked forward to getting dressed up, full face of make-up, etc., but still enjoyed working from home the other 4 days.  I haven't been in the office since last March & miss having those days of being able to wear my office clothes, a full face of make-up, etc., even if it was only one day a week.  I suppose I could put on a full face of make-up every day, but no one sees me except my husband & puppy (my employer doesn't mandate we turn on video for meetings) & my husband thinks it's silly to go through all that when I'm at home all day, every day.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I truly envy those who are happy staying home 24/7/365.  Cannot imagine only going out a few times in the past year.  While we have not traveled in the past year we do have plans to go to Vegas next month.  And we have eaten in restaurants whenever they have been open.  I am eagerly looking forward to the day when masks are not required.