Honored Contributor

I'd have a piece of cake at a kid's birthday party too. A piece of dessert now and then isn't harmful, and it's a nice way to celebrate.

Honored Contributor

My grandson is turning 26. There will be cheesecake at ours today.  We always celebrated birthdays with our kids and invited the grandparents.  My DD does the same thing.  Our grandson  is not big on cake so I'm looking at blueberry cheesecake today....yum!!   He will be 26 and is our first born grandchild. I will justify it by making it my whole dinner.  Once in a great while it won't kill me and I only get blueberry cheesecake once a year so I'm going for it!!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Two family birthday parties this weekend.  I give up.  I'm going to eat the cake!  My grandson turned 3 yesterday and his birthday party is tomorrow.  This will be his first big birthday party, it's the PJ Masks party he asked for.  My granddaughter turned 3 on Jan 6. Time really does fly.  My darling little great niece who is like a grandchild to me turns 7 on Sunday there will be another party with cake and icecream.    

@chrystaltree   But just think, you can justify that!  You can't turn down cake and ice cream in front of the little ones Smiley Happy  Enjoy........!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree   Enjoy the days with your family! Eat cake and have fun!❤️

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Two family birthday parties this weekend.  I give up.  I'm going to eat the cake!  My grandson turned 3 yesterday and his birthday party is tomorrow.  This will be his first big birthday party, it's the PJ Masks party he asked for.  My granddaughter turned 3 on Jan 6. Time really does fly.  My darling little great niece who is like a grandchild to me turns 7 on Sunday there will be another party with cake and icecream.    

@chrystaltree    Go for it....Worry about it next week! 

Respected Contributor

Don't give it another thought. Eat and enjoy every bite of it.

Honored Contributor

There will be cake?--at a birthday party. How shocking! Can't imagine any grandmother not wanting to partake in the fun festivities of a 3 year old grandchild's special day. But then again, I have no idea if you are otherwise very involved with the grandchildren. You are probably very busy. LOL.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

There will be cake?--at a birthday party. How shocking! Can't imagine any grandmother not wanting to partake in the fun festivities of a 3 year old grandchild's special day. But then again, I have no idea if you are otherwise very involved with the grandchildren. You are probably very busy. LOL.

@RetRN, what on earth is the matter with you?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor