Honored Contributor

I ran to the grocery store today to pick up a few items.  I go to the produce department to pick up an onion for me and a tomato for hubby.  I have to wait a couple of minutes to get to the onions and tomatoes I want for another lady, so I kinda wander around until she is done. At the same time I notice another lady over in front of the Beefsteak tomatoes carefully picking up and squeezing each and every one of them. By now, the other lady has moved on and I go over to get my onion and tomato.  Meanwhile, the original lady moves down the row and picks up a bag with tomatoes in it.  After a quick examination, she puts her carefully selected tomato back in the bin and takes the bag of tomatoes.  I just found that strange. 

On top of that, when I walked into the grocery store a different lady seemed to have difficulty picking out her grocery basket.  She had 2 or 3 of them out of the hopper.  As I walked through the door she had just returned one of them and I took it.  I have no idea what she thought was wrong with it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess 

So funny.... people watching just keeps getting better and better.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Tomato picking is serious business!

Respected Contributor

I'm actually not a bag lady, I like to pick the one's on a stem.

Never knows what goes on in the Produce Department.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Tomato picking is serious business!

@GenXmuse I really wouldn't know.  I don't eat tomatoes.  I have heard that the Vine Ripe tomtoes are more tasty than the Beefsteak, so that is what I always get for my husband.  

I sometimes have to pick through a few avocados to find one the correct ripeness for when I want to use it, but never have I gone through a whole bin of them.  

Honored Contributor

Tomato

People watching in the produce area.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Bless that little tomato!  It's probably hoping to be a tomato sandwich!!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

We're hooked on Compari tomatoes...smallish, sweet, never disappoint

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

The ones I used to grow!  LOL

Otherwise, I do tomatoes on the vine.

Denise
Valued Contributor

@RoughDraft  I am hooked on the Campari tomatoes, too! Not very big but they taste homegrown. Until my garden tomatoes are ready, I will buy these every time I go into Kroger! I've turned several of my friends onto them, too. A little pricey but well worth it!!😋😋