Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- October 2024 Edition

@Lucky Charm 

Oooh... wedding soup. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Pin by MaryAnn Smith on bees in 2024 | Bee keeping, Painted bee hives, Tiny castle

Now that's a hive.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

NATIONAL FOOD DAY - October 24 - National Day Calendar

YES!!! Heart

Honored Contributor

NATIONAL BOLOGNA DAY - October 24 | National day, Bologna, National sandwich day

I have a soft spot for bologna.

Shortly after my mother and I moved into an apartment in the San Francisco Bay Area, she slipped on some ice plant as we were walking over an overpass.  She broke her leg.

Bad news for a woman who waited tables to support us.

Money was tight and it felt like we were living on fried bologna and egg sandwiches.

I remember when she sat in a tub of hot water, trying to soften her leg cast.  She cut it off, walked to the Italian restaurant where she worked and waited tables with a broken leg.

When people ask me where I got my work ethic, I think of her and those fried bologna sandwiches.

Honored Contributor

Famous Grizzly 399

Where to stream 399: Queen of the Tetons (2024) online? Comparing 50+ Streaming Services

New Video Shows Grizzly 399 and Her Cubs Out of Hibernation Now

Grizzly 399 by Thomas D. Mangelsen

Grizzly 399 Photograph by Daryl L Hunter | Fine Art America

On the evening of October 22, 2024, Grizzly 399 was fatally struck by a vehicle on Highway 26/89 in Snake River Canyon, south of Jackson, Wyoming.  The bear’s identity was confirmed through ear tags and a microchip.

Grizzly 399 Update 2024 Schedule - Flora Jewelle

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Aw, poor thing. 🐻😢  Did they say how old #399 was?

And did she have quadruplets?  Isn't that very unusual?

Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I had bologna.  I used to love it.  It was a staple when I first moved out on my own because it was cheap.

Nothing's cheap anymore.

Honored Contributor

hey all 

when I first got married dh got bologna every imagineable way possible. i did not know how to cook

had to go dentist this morn

my 2 front teeth chipped had to get them rebonded again

last time was 4 yrs ago

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all 

when I first got married dh got bologna every imagineable way possible. i did not know how to cook

had to go dentist this morn

my 2 front teeth chipped had to get them rebonded again

last time was 4 yrs ago

ok later guys

@viva923 

Wow, that's unusual to have two teeth chipped.  I hope the bonding holds this time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Aw, poor thing. 🐻😢  Did they say how old #399 was?

And did she have quadruplets?  Isn't that very unusual?

@geezerette 

She was 28.

This 28-year-old bear was the oldest known reproducing female grizzly in the Yellowstone ecosystem. Starting in 2004, she birthed 18 cubs in eight litters and had a penchant for hanging out with them near roads in Grand Teton.

There was a cub with her when she was killed.  They're saying there's a good chance of survival for him.  Some want him found and rescued.  And there we go again.  Interfere with Nature or let the cub be a bear.