Honored Contributor

Re: The Bee Hive -- June 2023 Edition

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

However, if you have a rabbit and a rabbit, you'll soon have "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit".

And rabbit, and rabbit, and rabbit, and...🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

@geezerette 

@LuckyCharm  is the expert on this rabbit business.

@just bee 

That's right.  I'd never heard of it until she mentioned it.

She's probably off walking the beach, or cleaning, or eating healthy.

I feel like such a slug.

@geezerette 

Stop that immediately! Woman Mad

This is a brand new month and another opportunity to start new habits.

I have to start drinking more water.  I showed up at the Cancer Center way too dehydrated.

And I need to start thinking about modifying my diet even more because of the limitations when I start chemoradiation.

You have total control.  You get to choose what you want to eat and when you want to eat it.

And you're way ahead of me on exercise.  You still have Pilates.  I can't remember the last time I did my Classical Stretch.  Really need to get back into that.

Oh!  And I've planned a special purge for June.  More details later...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Vector illustration of cute bees and honey.

June babies are more successful! The highest number of executives — plus 23% of the last 22 Nobel peace prize winners — were born in the month of June. (According to a survey by England's Office for National Statistics) Happy Birthday Clip Art, Birthday Clips, Free Birthday Stuff, Seasons Months, Days And Months, Months In A Year, Summer Months, 1 Year, Sun Clip Art

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

I did lose five pounds.  The bad news is I put four back on in two days.

But I do have a good idea of how I lost it.  So I know what to do.  

I'm not sure I can get enough exercise though.  I had been doing a lot of extra walking, but now it's getting hot so I'm not sure I can get out enough.  I do have the Pilates, but that's been it's own problem.  I have to be very careful and not do too much because I've hurt myself and then have to quit it again.  But I'll do what I can when I can.

So, time to buckle down.

Not sure if "purge" sounds like a good thing or a bad thing.  Wasn't there a movie or tv series called "The Purge"?

Honored Contributor

I guess I could get some extra exercise by cleaning the house once in a while.

The cat was just jumping in the air playing with a floating clump of cat hair...🫣🤫

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

The cat was just jumping in the air playing with a floating clump of cat hair...🫣🤫

It's still chilly here, but when the heat strikes I'll see cat hair floating in the air.  One of my cats has this soft fluffy hair.  It defies gravity.  The other one (daughter) has more coarse hair.  Although her belly is pure white bliss.

Honored Contributor

It took me until now to realize this thread is supposed to be about healthy lifestyles. One thing I eat (as a result of learning about it on the QVC forums) is Manuka honey. When cold & flu season starts, I stir it in my cup of hot tea.  A few years ago, some posters talked about oil pulling (or some such wording). You'd take olive oil or coconut oil and slosh it around your mouth for 15-20 minutes to promote good teeth and gum health. I tried it, but my mouth muscles couldn't handle it; I got up to seven minutes and quit. It probably had its merits. Well, that's all I can offer about healthy  living. I could talk endlessly about comfort foods that aren't so healthy.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG

I’m not sure we stick very closely to the supposed purpose of this thread. 🤣 Frozen dinners. Little Debbie honey buns.

I made a berry crumble tonight. 😜
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I did buy a bottle of the Synergy Gingerade that @just bee has mentioned here.  I found four flavors of Synergy at Aldi.  I had not ever seen them at Aldi before, they are either new or I had just missed them in the past.  I am scared to taste it however.  I had a little sample cup of kombucha at Costco a few weeks ago, and it tasted a bit strange.  But I know it is healthy so........

I very foolishly bought the ginormous jar of Jelly Belly jelly beans at Costco around Easter time.🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.   I do have a palm full of them every so often.  Should last me several years or so.  I did resist the ginormous bags of my addiction, Skinny Pop.  That stuff is evil.  A seemingly healthy snack, labeled as skinny, but with just as much fat as potato chips.😈😈😈😈😈

Healthy eating.  I sometimes wonder if it is even possible in these times.  I do try to avoid the ultra processed foods and eat more veggies and fruits, some organic, if it is possible to find them.  We rarely eat out as restaurant food is loaded with sodium and fat.  But I think I probably fall short of healthy many times.

I have managed to maintain the weight I lost about 7 years or so ago.  I do walk, briskly, for about an hour every day I can get outside.  When it is too hot or too cold, I walk inside for about 30 minutes.  But I do not do weight training.  Just cannot get into it and my doctor recommended it.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

IMG_1429.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

It's still chilly here, but when the heat strikes I'll see cat hair floating in the air.  One of my cats has this soft fluffy hair.  It defies gravity.  The other one (daughter) has more coarse hair.  Although her belly is pure white bliss.

@Lucky Charm 

I absolutely do not believe that for one minute!  With all the deep cleaning you do constantly I can't imagine a dust mote or cat hair would dare to float through your house!😂

But yes, I do know about the soft fluffy hair.  One of mine is a long hair and I find clumps of it all over the house every morning.  Doesn't matter how much I brush him.😼