Honored Contributor

Well, I have temporary ones....the two in the top middle, but cannot bite or chew in the front, so still cutting everything into small pieces and shoving them down the sides into the back to eat. 

Anyone who missed it, my crown fell off on Mother's Day and I spent the afternoon getting a root canal and Monday getting temps and a post to hold the teeth in place..

Help me God get through this. 

Honored Contributor

Re: STILL NO FRONT TEETH!!!!

I've been promised a surf & turf dinner to make up for my Mother's Day dinner I missed and these many weeks of cooking every night. 

I should have my permanent teeth in a week...in time for my 75th birthday....OMG!

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Well, I have temporary ones....the two in the top middle, but cannot bite or chew in the front, so still cutting everything into small pieces and shoving them down the sides into the back to eat. 

Anyone who missed it, my crown fell off on Mother's Day and I spent the afternoon getting a root canal and Monday getting temps and a post to hold the teeth in place..

Help me God get through this. 

It's nice that your dentist is open on Sundays. Why do you need two new teeth?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Hang in there!    I had my front teeth replaced with individual implants this past year.    Took 7 months.     Actually, it is a blessing to be able to eat again!     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus I'm sure your daughter is helping guide you through this ordeal?  She's a hygienist correct?   I know what you are going through as you may remember I am a retired dental assistant and while these procedures take time it is well worth it in the end.

I have one crown and one implant in the front from a car accident in my youth.   Of course, had surgical endo's (root canals) posts, crowns then in later years one of them failed and that's where the implant came in in my late 40's.   

Give yourself some time and just this tidbit.........I still to this day do not "bite" into anything with my front teeth.    Too risky as that can cause damage to your crowns or the post underneath.  Anyway you enjoy that steak dinner , nothing a little cutting up won't solve!  Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

God Bless you, @Shanus I am so sorry you are going through this.  You are not alone.  I have a temp crown and am waiting for an appointment at the Endodontist for the root canal. 

The wait for appointments is still a thing in my area.  By the time it's all said and done, maybe two months of no chewing on the one side.  UGH!

What I wouldn't give for a big plate of nachos!!  Hang in there

Valued Contributor

Ladies, I have a 10 tooth bridge on the top front of my teeth, took forever with fittings, removing the old bridge, x rays, etc. - but the end result is worth it, stay strong, there's nothing like a beautiful smile!!

Respected Contributor

I remember well having to cut the food and shove to the back so I could chew when getting implants 2 years ago. First getting "flipper" teeth and after about 7 months getting the implants. Would still rather have my own teeth, but old teeth break a lot in some people. BTW, @Shanus , Happy early Birthday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

During the past 2-1/2 years I've gone through 7 implant surgeries w/crowns PLUS I had a complete set of upper front regular crowns put in just this year. Talking about a change in eating habits! omg. 😁

Honored Contributor

I broke a tooth back in February and had a bridge put in.  Never again.

A couple of weeks ago I had pain in my lower left side.  Had a root canal and currently awaiting a permanent crown.

In the meantime, DH's bridge broke and he is having a dental implant done, probably in October.  

Have spent at least $10,000 and more to come.  

It never rains but it pours--LOL!!