Honored Contributor

Calling all teachers!  Have you found anything you would like to share?  I'm thinking specifically about:

• words of wisdom
  • games
  • activities
  • organization ideas
  • classroom management
  • brain breaks

I will share a few that I've found while helping a first year teacher get ready for school.

Please share what you can!Cat Happy

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Magnetic spice tins on a magnet board for storage/easy access- 

This would be good for centers, small groups, or those who finish early.

Grab and Go Dice Containers make storing, managing, and using dice a breeze in the classroom!:

Honored Contributor

A way to control dice from rolling all over the place (or getting thrown).  This is one of my favorites that I've seen.

Controlled dice - no more flying around the room. Mrs. J's note: I did this for a life-size Candyland game in the library, and it worked like a charm.:

Honored Contributor

Paint chips for random grouping- by color, number, sticker, or craft punch.

I just made a set of these for my classes!

Cards for generating random student groups in my middle school classes.... Groups can be generated by color, number, type of sticker or type of hole punched.:

Honored Contributor

Using hand signals to communicate needs, without interrupting the rest of the class-

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Brain breaks-

Whole Brain Teaching!!:

Regular Contributor

I always like having students sit in circle so we're all facing each other. I find this eliminates the fear of talking and makes the classroom environment more friendly. 

This past summer, I took an educational psychology course so I can finish earning my teaching degree (I'm tired of being an accountant). My instructor also teaches creative writing. On Fridays, he had us sit in a circle and he would give the first sentence of a story (made up one), then he would toss a squishy ball to someone, and that person would add another line before tossing the ball to someone else, and so on. It was so much fun.  He recorded the story we all created together, type it up over the weekend, then he would give us a copy on Monday.

We used this as an exercise for team building, and seeing different points-of-view to help us see how different students think and develop ideas and it all comes together. This might be fun to do with middle and high school kids.

Honored Contributor

Re: Teachers' Toolkit

[ Edited ]

Classroom Organization and Supplies - Easy Way to Interchange Artwork or Anchor Charts on a Bulletin Board: