Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

qh_5k0ybLZZIn8J10-QX73DoOwHJjUU2r-yZyNq_Oln7W5LbRDocD9dMtVKVQTbI.jpg

@FlowerBear   

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@possummink wrote:

I really need this here in the house now!!   The furnace repair guy has to get a transformer for the furnace and won't be able to get it till tomorrow so it's another cold day and night for us.    Our high for today is 55 and the low is forecast to be 40 degrees.   Brrrr.   I sometimes wonder how the pioneers and early settlers managed without central heating.   Very hardy persons.   Same with the Native American people.  I wonder how warm a teepee or hogan was on the inside.   

Will be keeping my Berkshire throws very close to me all afternoon and evening.   

@possummink , 

I saw your post, after I had sent mine. 

This fireplace looks warm, and very cozy.  I hope when they get your furnace fixed up, it will be warming your home all winter. 

Our first home had a floor furnace, and while it was nice, central heat is better.

Keep warm dear friend. 

@Tissyanne   DH and I lived in a house for a short time with heating in the floor.  It drove him crazy that his shoes were always hot, LOL, and one night while company was there, I was sitting on the floor and had to jump up because my you know what was hot, lol.

Trusted Contributor

810CC2D9-6870-4C7F-9D8A-622C9BCB38C5.jpeg@possummink 

I am sending this hot summer day at my little beach to help warm you up....wish it was me and you jumping in to cool ourselves off from the sweltering temps!

Seriously, I am thinking of you and hoping that furnace gets going soon. My Willow was always a lap warmer for me, miss her so terribly much but we can’t have joy without knowing the other end of the spectrum. I never felt happier than when I had my fur babies sleeping in my lap! Happy thoughts to warm you up🎃

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@possummink wrote:

I really need this here in the house now!!   The furnace repair guy has to get a transformer for the furnace and won't be able to get it till tomorrow so it's another cold day and night for us.    Our high for today is 55 and the low is forecast to be 40 degrees.   Brrrr.   I sometimes wonder how the pioneers and early settlers managed without central heating.   Very hardy persons.   Same with the Native American people.  I wonder how warm a teepee or hogan was on the inside.   

Will be keeping my Berkshire throws very close to me all afternoon and evening.   

@possummink , 

I saw your post, after I had sent mine. 

This fireplace looks warm, and very cozy.  I hope when they get your furnace fixed up, it will be warming your home all winter. 

Our first home had a floor furnace, and while it was nice, central heat is better.

Keep warm dear friend. 

@Tissyanne ,  Thank you for the warm wishes.   It's quite chilly here in the house.  I am glad I had set the thermostat up higher than usual yesterday afternoon.  While it was running,  it warmed the house up really nicely. 

We did have radiant heat here in two rooms in this house.  The little boiler furnace is still in the basement.  It warmed the big bathroom and my moms bedroom floors and was a delight to have especially in the cold winter months.  The floors in those two rooms are cold as heck to step on now.  My mom's room is basically a big storage room now for my brothers fishing gear, some tools, arms safe,  etc.  I have some things in there and a few of my plants stay in there in the winter.  It's a big room, not as big as the living room, but you could probably put 4 full size beds in there or 3 king size beds. and still have room for other things.   When we first bought this house that was Charlie and my room.  Loved those warm floors in the winter for sure. 

Your supper sounded delicious.  I love roasts.  I fixed fried okra tonight along with other veggies and some chicken.  It was so good.  I really like the frozen breaded okra that Picsweet makes.   Since my brother and I both love okra, being able to find it in the freezer any time of the year, makes for a quick side dish.  

Honored Contributor

@hullie wrote:

810CC2D9-6870-4C7F-9D8A-622C9BCB38C5.jpeg@possummink 

I am sending this hot summer day at my little beach to help warm you up....wish it was me and you jumping in to cool ourselves off from the sweltering temps!

Seriously, I am thinking of you and hoping that furnace gets going soon. My Willow was always a lap warmer for me, miss her so terribly much but we can’t have joy without knowing the other end of the spectrum. I never felt happier than when I had my fur babies sleeping in my lap! Happy thoughts to warm you up🎃

@hullie 

Thank you,  Hullie.  I appreciate the kind and warming thoughts.  It is quite chilly here in the house.  I have 3 layers on here at the computer and when watching the news or ??on TV,  I have a throw or two.  My brother turned on one of the big electric heating units that sit along walls. It's about 8 feet or more long and it puts out heat to warm the big bedroom where he has stored things  and big bathroom.   The rest of the house is too open and too big for any kind of heat to accumulate from those heaters.   

Gretchen, my last Miniature Schnauzer, was Charlie's lap warmer.  My dobermans were too big to be lap pups.   Mattie, my cat, is not much of a lap sitter.  My male cats were always ready for that duty.  It'll be interesting to see if Tippy Biscuit will be a lap warmer when I get here spayed.  

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: 2 people, baby, text and closeup

Kiwi at the ER of Comanche Hospital tonight   His fever spiket to 104 and his parents took him to the ER.   He has a severe strep throat infection and they gave him Motrin to break the fever.   He's back home and sleeping the last I heard.  His mom was up with him and his baby brother last night.  She looked like a 'zombie' when we video phone talked today.  I saw and talked to Kiwi by phone early this afternoon and he looked ok, but took a turn for the worse this late afternoon and evening.   Hope he sleeps through the night and the same with the baby. Cat Sad