Trusted Contributor

operation on my eye.  i am not dying..  but my relatives all think that i am and they are all asking me nosy questions such what are going to do with this? and why don't you sell the house? and the list goes on.  one of them told me that if i left the house to him, he would sell it. and that some of the things that i have are not going to be used and doing me no good.

my response is right now i am concentrating on healing with my eye and when it is healed, i will decide what i am going to do. boy, are they ever in for a surprize.  i am going to make sure that each oerson who has asked me nosy questions will be   disinherated in my will.  i have notlolerance for those who ask me such question

Honored Contributor

I think I would have told them to p!$$ off.

Honored Contributor

What is wrong with people ???

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover Good for you! I would tell them all to go take a flying leap and to mind their own dang business.

I do hope you will give them a big surprise when the time comes. That is so horrible of them, I am actually amazed.

I would only add,  be sure you have a good attorney draw up a very specific Will.

Stick to your guns and take good care of yourself.

Honored Contributor

We never know what's in store for us, but if you have your ducks in a row, I don't know why your relatives think they should tell you what to do with your property and things. It's insulting when relatives think they know better than you do. Good luck with your recovery.

Trusted Contributor

@shortbreadlover  Instead, they should be asking "how can we help you?".

Trusted Contributor

i agree with you

Trusted Contributor

one cousin had the nerve to ask me if my parents left me any money when they died.

i told her why would you ask such a question.

Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

As you should! The insincere, greed of it all is maddening. Sheesh! The audacity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover I don' t know anything about you really, but let me throw out this thought:  Are you having trouble keeping up with household repairs, bills, remembering things you need to do, etc. etc.?

Sometimes when people are nearing making decisions they need to make but don't want to, they start to see what might be well meant comments as hostile--and I do understand this.

Not saying that applies to you but also if you need to think about these things in a positive way, please do so.  I'm just saying this because my mom should have moved to an assisted living center and had years of fun and productive living rather than wait until it was the nursing home.  And I have to say what I said becuase if I can ever help ONE human I will risk being thought unkind for saying it.  Having seem how it went with mother.  

Or you could just have idiots for relatives.  Woman Very Happy