Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Pug, wearing pug slippers

Where do you ever find such treasures, @possummink

This is so cute.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: THE CUPCAKE CAFE

[ Edited ]

Hello Friends,

I am out of touch, and hope to go through tonight, and catch up.

My Mom is still at home, but she isn't doing well.

We had a beautiful day full of warm sunshine. This evening a strong cold front is blowing in with a freeze expected. Oh, our spring weather varies so much.

I  don't even feel like myself right now, but am blessed to come here with all of you.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

I seriously try not to laugh at animals dressed up in silly clothes, but this made me laugh right out loud.   Thank you, @possummink

(Can't tell if it's photoshopped or a drawing but it's genius.)

Esteemed Contributor

FYI, Duane works at a grocery store, last week there were strawberries, today not a one in sight, he talked to the guy who orders the produce, according to him thier orders have been rejected due to California weather weather Strawberris are not available for the time being to order, no word on when they will ne, just fyi.

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink wrote:

I'm just about ready to go outside and refill the bird feeders and put peanuts out for the squirrels and crows.   The crows keep FrootLoop occupied with their cawing.   She makes sounds at them, like she's a 'guard' bird.   She enjoys being out on the patio seeing the parade of birds coming and going to the feeder and birdbaths.  

Hot out, 86,  here but at home it's 48 with a low in the mid 20ies for tonight.    

@possummink...

Tammy ( my best physician friend & I) had a wonderful afternoon ( long lunch time for her) today. Gathered a lot of information. Have HELP hints out about your knee/back...later....

My husband and I came in about the same time.

I found our on line order of 50 pounds of Georgia raw peanut on the front patio, ` the jumbos!!

I could not even tilt the huge box 1 inch over. Not going there trying to lift. postman left it right in my pathway to open the door.

NOW!

We have a new storage area outside -w/lid and tall galvanized barrel, all for the | ?-what- | maybe 10 species of birds, and for all of the squirrels, and the now two male woodpeckers and 1 little lady free~all  for her choosing, Oh which one?

Today was 55 with temps tonight at 35, but no rain/snow.

By Saturday night, a low of 25. I heard it may be 15...believe that has changed, I think. if [they] don't know, I certainly have no idea. Just cold but NO dampness.

Just heard: snow tonight. one minute ago.

Last week, on Wednesday, we had a whopping 77, YES!

"...read a small portion from one of your replies that your knee is either worse, or something close to that...

that Aleve isn't having any effect for relief "... Believe it was to or from AnikaBrodie.

Suggestion for the gel her husband had rich relief effects with several times. Correct me if wrong.

Did you pencil in an appointment for your 'doc' to refer you to someone else, or see him. I read something about frozen peas for the swelling(??) 

One question:

' do you have a thick tight knee sleeve brace' ?

I know we had one when my husband twisted his knee going up the back yard hill. I bought that $7.00 item at one of the drugstores; buy one 1 size larger than though, if you do decide.

That knee has to be seen, and to add in more, a mri.

If there is swelling -there is fluid building up. If back of the knee is cramping, too, for sure fluid.  It's only going to become worse.

The gel is relief for this, temporary ... usually 3-6 months, but no doctor will do this unless they know where to shoot the gel or for what reason. My brother has had these gel injections; he chooses that over medicine, but he had a thorough work up, first. he had to wear a rx brace for about one month. Tore the meniscus while turning to get out of the car.

Back to you later.

I definitely do NOT believe this has ANYTHING to with your back. TWO separate 'things' going on. Do you have anything as a topical gel rub in with METHY SALICYLATE 30% or close to it?

Walgreens has a generic, that I remember. Around $5.00 for a 4 oz tube. I believe the tube is called WELL.

A bright red tube.

Tiger Balm is another good one, but has capsicum in it.

Dries down, though.

If the pain is this bad and I'm sure it is, then HOT creme will penetrate and soothe. Can you have the drugstore deliver? Cold pea bags just numb the area. Get yourself to an Orthopedist.

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

Hello Friends,

I am out of touch, and hope to go through tonight, and catch up.

My Mom is still at home, but she isn't doing well.

We had a beautiful day full of warm sunshine. This evening a strong cold front is blowing in with a freeze expected. Oh, our spring weather varies so much.

I  don't even feel like myself right now, but am blessed to come here with all of you.

Hi @Tissyanne

The board has a higher purpose sometimes, doesn't it?  It's good to be here.  

I have my back door open to hear the sound of the soft, steady rain before it begins to pour in earnest later tonight.  Our temps (n. Calif) have been mild.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

My Mother died 18 years ago today,  just 3 months after Charlie died.  It was a double blow, two empty spaces in my life.   Next week it will be 54 years ago that I lost my Dad.  Cat Sad 

April is not a favorite month of mine,  as I also lost my Cocoapossum, black cat the family all still remembers,  on this day, 32 years ago.  He was a fabulous pet and companion.    I was also struck by lightning in April.   Hoping this year, it's a 'kinder' month.  

Possummink, I just saw this, My heart goes out to you in these major losses in your life.

Honored Contributor

hello guys tonight,

we did have a busy night. Got hair cut at our hair place. Our hair cutter is going on maternity leave 1 july. This is #1. That i didn’t know. She has 2 step kids. She just got married a couple years ago. Found out a few things tonight talking to her.

went out to eat at our little cafe. Then onto lowes, got that accomplished, then to walmart, did that, then to Home Depot, got that finished than to grocery store, got that finished than to 2nd grocer store.  Finally got home.  

Those chimera cats yesterday were ever so beautiful.

that is about all the news for tonight. Enjoyed the postings today and all the photo’s. 

OK guys later. Tomorrow is our insurance driving course we have to attend tomorrow. 9-12noon. Helps us with car insurance rates.

Anika, those car batteries are horrendous pricy objects. Unless you want to ride a horse and buggy around town, battery is a much needed item for the car.

OK later guys.

Esteemed Contributor

My dearest Tissy,

( and we have been the best buddies- ever- for

y e a r s Heart

I know...do know that you must have thought I'd never get here, but ahhh sweet friend, hope you read over 7 over where I said ...got to get to Tissy and 'mom'.

I think of you every day -every single day.

You know, Tissyanne, It's the loneliest of times when you just wait- WAIT and it seems each minute is longer than the next. 

I read on the P.forum the other night where the swelling was worse, the depression and fatigued much more prevalent.

" If there were anything, it would be that mail I tried a few months ago".  You know that. Heart

I can read between the lines of meds. So, is the 1st from 4 months ago still going, or did they combine the other, or delete one?

I have not heard you mention anything anti D. 

The meds DO cause all these effects. If the doctor(s) did not tell you that, I will.

Questions. Weight loss, non sleep? Eating or the drinks?

Fridays...were you even able to go for dinner as usual? I was thinking, if not right now, would 'mom' come to stay with you? Bless your heart, I know this is mental anguish. 

Had your brother come to help you, or did I read that he may..some `things` just keep mounting up until ..yes, you need to be right here talking`.

When I came in (dad), I marveled how well my brother had taken over and did the almost impossible. I drove many miles /another state to do the run-a-round errands, but never came close to the meals, lifting and necessary's everyday. what i was more important doing was playing music, reading to dad, and with my memory, going back and we talked for hours. I loved that   ~~! Smiley Happy

You mentioned colder weather. We had 77 last Wednesday, tonight it snows, right now it is sleeting and Sashay is going bonkers. i have ever toy running, even have gone through 48 batteries, had to buy more..went for the very heavy duty ones..if such a ___THING__......................... ahh, please some slow down time for Sashay. 

I've run out out of ideas. She is 99% an outdoor cat when we adopted her, and there is no way I'm going to try and change her. Those two nice day we had were blissful, both for her and for me. 

She wants me to go down to the TV room and sit with my husband, but I detest almost all TV, other than a very old black & white. We had our modem cable modem change to delete all of the junk tripe. 

I believe the last time I was >down there was 12 days ago. Something about music and a symphony which was worth watching. I love classical music and never any nighttime jabber shows.

I have my music in one room where I read, and there's a number  ... Ha-ha chair # 6 or # 7 that Sashay owns now.   How in the world do you entertain your kitties when not sleeping?

I ask Possummink that; she showed me a window bed that is possibly on another part of her home. @possummink

Having Sashay's Skybox right by the large window where the Eastern sunbeam shine bright on her for hours is an A+.

I never had this ..HAS TO BE WITH ME when I had the other kitties. They, too, loved outdoors.

BUT!

It's much too coldER, uninteresting for her being an 1 cat family member.

Still, she doesn't like for the neighbor's kitties to come over either. Haaaaaaaaaaaa, fun for me.

I  m u s t  have that mommie's trait for cats, only.

I have a battery to change ...back ON later or tomorrow.

Tell me what you 'may'. OH, Tissy, my husband just came up and he's taking over.

She is now     ...no WAIT    ....back up here. I KNEW IT!

That was when I turned all toys off, and she HEARD >>>that!      Sending much love with caring concern, as always.

I heard that BJ was not doing too well. I saw that very late last night. She's been very ill for a VERY long time; understand no more options.

BJ is not able to have anymore of the same, what she was obtaining that helped. God bless her.

I certainly hate to hear that. She's been here for over 7 years..way before I ever knew of this forum chat board. remember? Active around 2013.

I had written a few beauty reviews, someone in management emailed me, asked if I would like to participate on health?

That's my story. Here.

I knew less than 0.01% of any forum- period. Honestly I had very little time. Most have gone.

Seldom here each day, but was on all day when one of the posters was having surgery.

Still at 4K since '11.  I think you knew puddles left?

Sending much love and understanding. Will wait for your convenvience in posting.  Heart NAES

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne

I did not proof read. many misspelling and small (i).