Trusted Contributor

I was at Wal-Mart doing my self checkout. Just paying no attention to what was going on around me. There happened to be a man facing me at another self checkout. He finished before me and as he walked by me on his way out, he stopped and said "not flirting with you, but, you are beautiful".  Imagine my shock! I am no spring chicken. It absolutely made my day and that is what I said to him. Amazing what a simple compliment can do to lift your spirits.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Re: Surprising Compliment Today

@Sapphiregal ...awww how nice!

Honored Contributor

I probably would have dropped my groceries! Very kind of him.

Honored Contributor

SapphireGal,

In this time of ugliness, how wonderful to be complimented for one's beauty.  So glad the man had the courage to voice his kind thought.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal  I can't see you and I don't know you but I'll bet there are a lot of people in your life who would agree with that gentleman.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your gift. Compliments are precious gifts. More so when we become seasoned. I believe its more than just about the physical. You must have a special spirit radiating about you. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal Aw, how lovely.

Honored Contributor

How wonderful!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

You lucky lady!  What a wonderful compliment to get!  I am sure you are, too!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I was at Wal-Mart doing my self checkout. Just paying no attention to what was going on around me. There happened to be a man facing me at another self checkout. He finished before me and as he walked by me on his way out, he stopped and said "not flirting with you, but, you are beautiful".  Imagine my shock! I am no spring chicken. It absolutely made my day and that is what I said to him. Amazing what a simple compliment can do to lift your spirits.

That was so nice of him to give you such a sweet compliment, and I am sure it was nicely received.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖