Honored Contributor

So, How do you feel TODAY, March 23, Monday

I feel depressed and sad 

I fear going  anywhere. I think I am living in a FEAR  mode right now. I have left the house only once to go grocery shopping in two weeks. 

Every time I feel anything going on in my body....I think VIRUS. I know my body very well,  as I never even get a cold....the second anything is off...IKNOW IT.  So, I am becoming a bit hypochondriac. 

The news is depressing....

I am usually a positive person, but this last two weeks has pretty much turned the world as we knew it up side down.

Going for a dog walk is the only happy thing I do in my day. I can forget about things for awhile.

Please Share.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So, How do you feel TODAY, March 23, Monday

i have good days...and sad days....today is a sad day....maybe because it's gloomy and expecting rain....my arthritic bones are hurting.....facetimed my grandkids to lift my spirits....

Honored Contributor

I'm ok, I find listening to music and reading cheers me up.  Social media is not always bad, yesterday on Twitter I saw Patrick Stewart reciting Shakespeare Sonnets. I would listen to that man read the phone book. This afternoon I'm calling my BFF and we can talk about nothing forever. I had to go out this AM, but it is cold and I'm glad to be indoors.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the age group that's supposed to stay home and have only just the past few days ventured out a couple of times to the smaller neighborhood grocery store. I'm getting spells of cabin fever and want out of here! On the other hand, I'm finally over a case of pneumonia and although being housebound has it's GET ME OUT OF HERE moments, having been sick and laid up for 2 weeks, every morning that my eyes open and my feet touch the floor I'm happy as can be and very grateful to live to see another day, even if it's just seeing it by  looking out the window or going no further than my own back yard. I'M ALIVE, I FEEL GOOD, for now that will do.  Besides which, better days are ahead. 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I feel the same way, too. I go from thinking, "I have the virus" to "I'm feeling good today". My feelings run from A-Z on any given day. My daily walks and AM routine are so precious to me. Remember, we are in this together and know what's really important in life.
On a side note, I'm trying not to watch the news. This morning I caught an episode of Charlie's Angels and for an hour, I didn't think about what's going on. More distractions, please. 😊

Valued Contributor

Oh, @SeaMaiden , I'm sorry you are feeling down. It is a difficult time for sure.  I'm trying to rely on facts.  My husband is starting his Chicken Little stuff.  I keep asking him for facts.   

Today's my birthday!  I'm 50!  I don't have a cake.  I'll have to make my own supper and clean up the kitchen.  But, my husband, our son, and myself are all ok.  We're gonna be ok. 

I hope there is sunshine where you are today.  Hug your puppy for me.    

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I seem to be noticing every little thing different about how I feel. Yesterday I just didn’t feel right I felt so cold like I was freezing. Sometimes I fell short of breath but I think it’s just anxiety. I don’t have a fever. I think I’m just making a lot out of everything little thing. Stay safe 🌻

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I know what you mean about living in fear mode. I too have only been to the grocery store, and I was pretty miserable the whole time I was in there. Had to fight the urge to turn and run from people, although I imagine that would have been quite the sight....cart flying in front of me, screaming in terror. 

All I know is that just when I think that I can't go one more minute with things like they are, something will happen and hope sneaks back in. Most of the time it feels like a giant piano was dropped right on top of Hope, so I'm always grateful when that little seed of Hope can lift that piano a bit. 

Today I am getting through. I never thought I would miss my team at work so much. I emailed them all and told them that today, and that helped some. They are all scared too, and muddling through. 

I will count that as success for today, if I can just get through. 

Regarding feeling panicked when physically you feel something off.....I have an auto immune disease that causes me to sporadically run a fever. I am used to that. But now every fever I have I freak out just a bit inside. It takes a while to get that back under control. (my mental state, not the fever)

You are not alone.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many of us are, but to keep posting about it does not help.  It's just another reminder we don't need.  Can't even come here for a distraction.  I'm going to bed and pulling the covers over my head.  No TV, no internet, just sleep.

Trusted Contributor

Hopeful and optomistic. I am concerned about the economy but I believe we will be ok.  If there is anything that I might be fearful of is the media. 

My heart goes out to all who are feeling fearful.  I have started to only listen to just enough news to stay informed.