Honored Contributor

Re: Summertime at the Back Fence - July 2019

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before however I'll repeat it.  I have the hardest time with eye doctors over the last 15 years.  I don't know I can't seem to make myself understood as far as what I see.

Well, today I went for an annual exam with the eye doctors (optometrists) who own that lab/optical store where I bought my eyeglasses from last year.

I kind of had a good feeling when the tech said her name was Ruth.  I loved a lady name Ruth from work and we lost her in 2016.

The only kind of glaucoma testing they offered was the puff of air.  You might get one of my eyes that way but you'll never get the other.

This office makes available a technology called I-Wellness.  Two different kind of scans.  Insurance don't cover it and it's $39.  I wasn't going to opt in for that until I saw the eye puff glaucoma test.  I asked Ruth, uhhh, will the I-Wellness scan show glaucoma?  She said yea and I said okay then I'll buy that and we can skip the air puff thing Woman Very Happy  I told Ruth I'd rather have a mammogram, colonoscopy and root canal than visit an eye doctor.

She laughed.  She also passed that on to my new eye doctor.  That doctor was with me 2 hours.  I have to say, the scan and photo of my left eye was problematic and I had to have that done over a couple of times so we lost time on that.  The doctor said that she wanted to really work with me as far as refractions and asked if I would come back so she could spend time with me.

I said okay.  They billed the insurance as today's date of service and when I go back in August it will already be paid for.  No new charge.

This eye doctor might just work out Woman Very Happy  Boy those scans were so interesting.  My optic nerves, retinas, maculas and every other thing she pointed out to me are perfectly healthy.  The beginning of cataracts is expected at my age.

I took my Andrew Lessman eye vitamins with me to show her what I take and she was so happy to see that I was taking an eye vitamin.  She said she was also glad that I noted I quit smoking 15 years ago.  She thinks that I may be able to avoid the macular degeneration that struck my Ma. 

From her lips to God's ears Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm leaving some waffles and traditional toppings.  There's also some vanilla ice cream in the little freezer (lol).

Don't knock it until you've tried it Woman Happy

Image result for waffles and ice cream

Respected Contributor

Bernie, since the drought we had several years back, so many people have just let all their grass fly away. So many homes now only have dirt, some of used other kind of fillers but I sure miss the ALL GREEN - probably will never return. So sad. Those water rates did it. People sometimes forget that when Nature decides to take its course, companies helping it along, i.e. water, gas, and so on will NEVER lose their income They play with rates and actually make more than they ever did. Interesting.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  I haven"t been around the fence for a while.My oldest son has a tumor in his colon and we are waiting for the results of the biopsy.If it"s cancer or not,he will have to have surgery. He is in pain and getting weaker.He has lost weight.I can"t stand the waiting,but of course have no choice.I will try to post now and then.I enjoy all your postings.Right now I am a hot mess.Take care and am glad your bird family is doing fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

X

Honored Contributor

The Back Fence is ready for August

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Looking-for-Shade-at-the-Back-Fence-August-2019/m-p/56230...