Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestions please, in a bind

[ Edited ]

@mintedrose  Good morning! I love the weekend Smiley Happy

Regarding your reply--I do understand that it's "not that simple". Moving rarely is.

Based on your reply though, you've eliminated all the options you were discussing in your original post. With all due respect you're never going to have the guarantee of finding a house and a rental lease working out perfectly. That would apply even if you were only moving two miles down the road. Right?

You really don't have any options to choose from, as through your own responses you've dispensed with your list of options. Your current living arrangements will stay the same. No dilemma, no bind.

Keep on keeping on and best of luck.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Are you really in that much of a bind? Stay flexible and concentrate on the things that make you happy. Stop living out of your suitcase. And stop looking at it as waiting. Your life is going by while you're doing this, so it's not really waiting, it's your actual life right now. If you see what I'm saying.

You don't have to do an MBA all at once. You can take a break in networking. Your DH can try out any number of jobs. You can try different methods to bring in money. Stop being married to the ideal situation. Clearly it's not like ideal. But that is not a big deal. Hardly anyone gets everything they want all at the same time. If it wasn't this set of problems, it would be another.

And just be happy you're in a location right now where you get to have your cat with you. That's what I would care most about.. That is worth a lot. So many things to appreciate, and when you turn your mindset in that direction, you'll notice more opportunities. You can let your mind spiral in negativity and see more and more of it, or you can spiral in realistic positivity and see more and more of it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@mintedrose 

Hope your day is going ok and kitty is good.....

Maybe I'm missing something or reading it wrong.... If your DH is not working and you are not working, how can you buy a house? And you have your mom, sisters and brother to maybe help you out too.... and your grandfather I believe you enjoy....

You have a family so that is good support. (I think) You don't say much about about your age nor moving to areas of which you desire so it's difficult to grasp some of this and answer right. 

Owning a house is stressful and EXPENSIVE....it's not all wine and roses.  And the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence lol..... 🤗 You have a lot to love I think, right there around you... I know you've had a hard time too.... Sending you big hug honey....

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Valued Contributor

@cbriteHI! thank you for asking and my day is going great...

To answer your Q I work from home which means i can work from anywhere and DH is still w his current employer however able to leave as soon as he finds something out of state. So thats not a problem nor was it an issue i brought up but thank you for the concerns. Smiley Happy 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

Some extended stay hotels might accept pets.  

Web search extended stay hotels / pets welcome in your area.

The best of luck to you.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

Im in a dilema and am hoping that some of you can help me sort this out.

We are planning to move out of state. We put most of our stuff in the storage last year in March and downsized to a smaller place where we planned on being at for only 4 months. That 4 months has now turned into a year because DH job didnt come through as expected. He is still looking for another job and the process is taking longer. Its very very frustrating for both of us because it could take 1 month, 3 months, 6 months I dont know.... Both of us are getting so upset and impatient, as we've been living out of our suitcases for a year and are  crammed right now. Not only is Our quality of life is non existant, huge parts of our lives is on hold. Im at my wits and I want us to move forward already. Imagine being in a waiting room unable to go anywhere or do anythiing because at any time you may get called. Its beyond irritating!!! Another reason I need to move is that Ive started a mba program out there which is online and doesnt really require for me to be there however, I am missing out on important career events, networking, community which I had been really looking forward to. So, in a nutshell Im stuck waiting here for DH to find a job. I also think that its going against DH job prospects considering that he's all the way here. If he was local, he may be able to get more interviews.

What would be the best way to move?

Ideally we want to buy a house as soon as the job worked out because we've been renting for the last 6 years which was not fun. ;( Now we really would like to own our own home. 

My options are these: We move out there, get a short term furnished corporate rental or air bnb for a month or two then rent a house or buy a house? Problem is most furnished places dont accept pets  (we have a cat) and are limited on location, inventory and dates.

If we rent a house, the problem is most require at least a year lease whereas we dont know our time frame. Another Problem is that we would have to pay the cost of moving all our furniture cross country. If DH had a job they would cover those costs.

We absolutley do not want to live in a long stay hotel. We're already in one right now and I do not want us get stuck like this again. 

Id love to have some of your input as Im at a loss for finding a solution. 

@mintedrose 

See underlined above.  Responding to ‘your being stuck here waiting for DH to find a job’.   If that is really the case, then I would focus on making it a joyful place.  

The other ‘problems’ Rent / buy,  “out there”  or move furniture / not move it “out there”, are not relevant if you are stuck where you are.

Good luck

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Maybe subleasing is an option for a shorter term rental. You can often find good deals for people needing to get out of a lease. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have lived in two states and both times we leased a house in the area we thought we would prefer to buy in...mainly due to the good schools and other factors. Both times we were happy with the area and bought homes within a mile of where we had rented. It is the best way to really get a feel of an area that is new to you. Prayers that DH will find a job that is perfect for him. We have always had cats and the landlords were fine with pets as long as you paid a pet deposit. 

Respected Contributor

@mintedrose Ok...makes sense now!🙃

-Do Not Copy Pls-