Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They just got in a new supply of chicken for their sandwiches.  Cops should have been called to clear out the mess.

@Kachina624   I still haven't figured out how you run out of chicken?!?!?

Honored Contributor

I like both Popeye's and Chik Fil A, but not enough to sit in a long line for, nor stand in a long line for......

Valued Contributor

The only chicken I'll eat is El Pollo Loco. And as for kids going to school, I have thought the same thing. They have more days off then days in.  

Trusted Contributor

I have seen the news reports of the madness over the return of their chicken sandwich on TV.  However, I passed my local Popeye's today and not a line at all.  I am one who has never tried the Popeye's chicken sandwich and have no plans to do so.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 That is strange, but yesterday a man was stabbed to death at a Popeye's restaurant in Maryland over cutting in line for a re-released chicken sandwich promotion. He cut in line methodically, and he an another man starting arguing. The argument continued outside and he was stabbed to death. This shocked me beyond belief! His life for a chicken sandwich This story leaves you scratching your head.😕

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Kids need to be in school year round.  Maybe they would actually learn something.

Honored Contributor

marketing geniuses......

i love popeyes, i love chick fil a.......delicious!

have not been able to try the popeyes chicken sandwich yet though.

https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/image/2848275/size/tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I posted this same experience on another thread the other day.  An entire lane of the main road in my town was backed up for the drive thru line at Popeyes.

I don't get it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

We don't have a Popeye's in my town but I know I'd NEVER wait that long for that sandwich. I heard about the killing...over a fried chicken sandwich? That is tragic. As far as days off from school go, when I was a kid, in the year dot, we had Election Day off as well as Veteran's Day, and then Thanksgiving, so I don't know if there's been much change.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't get the hoopla over a sandwich, chicken or anything else.  It's only a new food not life saving medicine.  Heck, I'm overweight and obviously like food but I wouldn't stand in line for that or any new food touted in the news.

I have no kids or grandkids so I don't know the school schedule anymore.  I know that they have to get in 180 days.  I do see when school is called for snow/extreme cold.  I know we went regardless when I was in school but things have changed.  There were only a handful of school buses, for kids that in outer areas.  85% of us walked or sometimes parents took us if it was really bad out.