Honored Contributor

So today coming back from getting my new driver’s license, down a main highway down town, I came upon about close to 20 cars lined up.

The first ones were in the farthest lane.  However as the line grew the road got smaller and people were in one of the lanes.

They were taking up a middle lane!

I thought it was from an accident.

Nope!  These people were waiting to turn into the drive thru of...wait for it...a Popeyes drive thru restaurant!

The restaurant has been there for years, so I have no idea why suddenly in the middle of the day people were willing to block major lanes, waiting for a long time for chicken.

That is unbelievably inconsiderate to block the major lanes of a road, but also stupid.

Iveseen this donefor Chick Filet quite often. These people then were blocking an entire shopping center.

This is the world we live in...that people are so inconsiderate they’re willing to impede traffic just for a sandwich.

People were off to vote today and the children were out of school.

Speaking of kids out of school...Kids around this area were off Monday and Tuesday..and they’re off again next Monday.  Then they’re off for Thanksgiving and the day after.

Do they ever go to school?  Good grief!

Respected Contributor

Chicken sandwich mania.  Akin to lining up for the new IPhone.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

They just got in a new supply of chicken for their sandwiches.  Cops should have been called to clear out the mess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

School Taxes - I take a personal 'burn' about what we pay to give our kids a good ? education. - - they say our kids are behind the international level of education.  Wonder Why?  Kids come here from India - China - Japan not even knowing English - and they excel in everything.  (shhh   teacher's unions)

Honored Contributor

Release of some sandwich:

"The baffling hype around Popeyes chicken sandwich – I just don't how it's better than a three-piece and biscuit? – has been spiked since late August, when it officially sold out. Up until that point, fans of the breaded and bread-wrapped chicken meal had been lining up in droves to get a taste of sweet Louisiana Kitchen bliss.

Why the excitement, you ask? Well, Popeyes released a chicken sandwich for the first time in its history back in August. It might come as a shock that the best fried chicken joint in the fast food never even tried to compete with all the lesser chicken sandwiches out there, but here we are.

Popeyes swaggered in on social media and immediately caused a stir among the other fast food brands, because corporate brands having a personality is a Thing in this age of Twitter. It was all going great for Popeyes, the real champ, until Shake Shack weighed in to remind everyone it exists.

All the online drama didn't do much to deter Popeyes fervent customers. People still lined up, the sandwich still sold out. Popeyes promised more. Eventually, the company shared a date: Nov. 3. Now, the sandwich is back and Twitter, in typical fashion, is freaking the he## out."

Honored Contributor

I could be wrong but that chicken sandwich looks like a piece of fried chicken plunked on a hamburger bun.  How do you even eat something like that?  Chick Fil a has something like that.  I got it once, never went back.  You can't eat a piece of chicken with bones in a sandwich.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So today coming back from getting my new driver’s license, down a main highway down town, I came upon about close to 20 cars lined up.

The first ones were in the farthest lane.  However as the line grew the road got smaller and people were in one of the lanes.

They were taking up a middle lane!

I thought it was from an accident.

Nope!  These people were waiting to turn into the drive thru of...wait for it...a Popeyes drive thru restaurant!

The restaurant has been there for years, so I have no idea why suddenly in the middle of the day people were willing to block major lanes, waiting for a long time for chicken.

That is unbelievably inconsiderate to block the major lanes of a road, but also stupid.

Iveseen this donefor Chick Filet quite often. These people then were blocking an entire shopping center.

This is the world we live in...that people are so inconsiderate they’re willing to impede traffic just for a sandwich.

People were off to vote today and the children were out of school.

Speaking of kids out of school...Kids around this area were off Monday and Tuesday..and they’re off again next Monday.  Then they’re off for Thanksgiving and the day after.

Do they ever go to school?  Good grief!

Next Monday is Veteran's Day.  National holiday. 

Honored Contributor

I've never eaten anything Popeye's and you won't find me in line for hours at any of their stores either.

Give me any or all of the chicken $1.00 sliders from KFC any day of the week especially the extra crispy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I could be wrong but that chicken sandwich looks like a piece of fried chicken plunked on a hamburger bun.  How do you even eat something like that?  Chick Fil a has something like that.  I got it once, never went back.  You can't eat a piece of chicken with bones in a sandwich.

Aren't they boneless?

Esteemed Contributor

The sandwich looks good and if we had one close by, it might be something I'd have once a year.  We had a Popeyes once and it went out several years ago.  I tried some combo meal and it was pretty generic.  We have Chick Fil A all around us and I don't get the love.  Chicken is my favorite protein but I've had CFA a few times and thought it was good but not great.  I've had better elsewhere. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown