Honored Contributor

Re: Stick a Fork in Me-Im Done!!!

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Nice, balanced reply, winkk, and I agree with you.  I mill around Macy's and just see very little of interest.  They have affordable t-shirt tops, but they seem cheaply made.  Marshalls, etc. have nice things but it's overwhelming to sort through the long racks.  Clothing should be grouped by item, not size. 

I agree.  I have more success shopping the q, than strolling the mall.  I study the size chart and have few issues with fit.  Plus I don't want to spend hours looking around the mall and going in and out of dressing rooms.  I am also not a fan of TJM or Marshalls for clothing.  

OP sorry it hasn't worked out for you.

Honored Contributor

Well it doesnt really matter the reason for returning the nutri bullet. it was not right to have to pay so darn much to return the thing!!!!!!!!!

and the boots were great and even though AS IS  they were so nice, nothing wrong at all expect the Size and i had to return them.  Sucked to pay that much to send them back too!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

...  I sent back 3/4 of the items I ordered last year. 

@hoosieroriginal

Uh oh!...I see a snarky "you return too much" letter in your future...

@MacDUFF - let them bring it on - I'm done purchasing from TV - so I would love a letter like that! 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@MacDUFF - let them bring it on - I'm done purchasing from TV - so I would love a letter like that! 

@hoosieroriginal

If you get The Letter and you reply to it, I want to read your reply!  I think it might be epic and lots of us would be cheering you on! 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Well it doesnt really matter the reason for returning the nutri bullet. it was not right to have to pay so darn much to return the thing!!!!!!!!!

and the boots were great and even though AS IS  they were so nice, nothing wrong at all expect the Size and i had to return them.  Sucked to pay that much to send them back too!

Surely there must have been a cheaper way to return the Nutri Bullet.  Was either the $30-some or the $11.95 the cost of using the QVC return label?

I avoid shipping anything UPS because I find their prices to be a good deal more than USPS.

Not a lot of places pay shipping both directions. In many cases I've found QVC shipping to be more reasonable than other places I've shopped.

Honored Contributor

Since I'm now paying my own return postage, which is cheaper and faster, I only take a chance on small items like beauty or jewelry.   That's it.

Respected Contributor

Shop Nordstroms, free shipping

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Q should amend its return policy for clothing items, or most people will decide as you did - that it's not worth it to buy clothing from Q.  Clothing is unlike electronics, gym equipment, and home decor - you don't know until you try it on whether it fits and whether it looks good on you.

@ValuSkr you make an excellent point.  The industry average for apparel returns bought online is 50%.  If customers are using the QVC return labels, QVC is probably making money on the returns.   IMO that's not right.

Honored Contributor

I'm dieting so I don't want to buy clothes right now unless I really NEED them. That said ,I got a bunch of stuff from Lane Bryant on fabulous clearance. I really need some new bottoms so I got 4pair of shorts for 9.99 each and 3pair of capri's for 12.99 each plus some t shirts that were 12.99 and the second one was half price so I bought 4. I had a birthday coupon from them so I got $25 off the total as well. I should be all set now for summer at camp.They arrived yesterday and I am very pleased with the quality and they are so soft ,extremely comfortable.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Q2girl wrote:

Because I live in an area with a lot of stores,  I rarely shop here anymore.  Most of the things I buy I can get at a local store on sale or with a coupon,  I can also order on line and return to the store, if I don't like it.  I wait until a site has free shipping and will buy at that time.  I have had this conversation with my mom as she is returning multiple QVC items at the post office.  She always tells me there is no where in her tiny town to buy anything.  I can't imagine how much she spends on shipping and handling charges,  she didn't even know that QVC changed the shipping policy of not giving your original shipping charges back.  I think QVC banks on people like my mom who are elderly and shop on tv to keep busy.  

@GSPgirl

My mom has always been a big Q shopper as well, and is getting up there in age where she doesn't drive alone anywhere very often, so she relies on me to take her shopping and help her choose things (especially gifts).

I had noticed she was 'getting sucked in' by presentations often, because callers would praise an item so much and she would order. About half the time, the products was either inferior, or didn't work in the way she thought it would, or any number of other things. She would destroy the packing materials, and give or throw away the product, not getting a refund. Don't get me wrong, one of the reasons I love Q is those presentations. You get to 'see' the product in more than a picture or two on a computer screen. But the presentations have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I convinced her to call me when she sees something she is interested in. I will check the reviews of that item, the product line in general, and do so on other sites if I can as well. I will watch the presentation, and offer up some questions about the product as it will relate to her, or point out things I'm seeing that she might not. She has never had a computer or device to go online, so she only sees (and believes) what goes on in the televised presentation.

This input from me, has caused her to cut way back on her spending with Q over the years. Still a loyal customer, but a smarter one. She rarely makes a purchase now, of a new product or line without letting me check it out in more depth for her. I know Q makes a lot of money off lonely (sometimes older or homebound) people who use the channel for company and companionship. That is fine, if they can afford it, and if the products they receive match what they are expecting. I do feel sorry for those that can't really afford what they get themselves into financially with online and TV shopping so prevalent these days.

@Mominohio you are a very good daughter!