Honored Contributor

Stick a Fork in Me-Im Done!!!

So after having to pay 30 SOMETHING DOLLARS to return a Nutri Bullet a few months ago AND having to pay $11.95 to return a pair of boots I AM DONE WITH ORDERING FROM SHOPPING CHANNELS. ESPECIALLY QVC!!

it is ridulous and we cannot afford to pay these  types of prices to return things!

I ordered As Is boots from the website and they were very nice, not a thing wrong expect they didnt fit..SOO after having them for a day and having to pay that much to return i am just over it and over ordering anymore!!

It will have to be something special or amazing that i know we will like and keep for me to ever ever order another thing.

Thanks for listening! Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Stick a Fork in Me-Im Done!!!

[ Edited ]

Q should amend its return policy for clothing items, or most people will decide as you did - that it's not worth it to buy clothing from Q.  Clothing is unlike electronics, gym equipment, and home decor - you don't know until you try it on whether it fits and whether it looks good on you.

Honored Contributor

Like I've said before, I won't and don't pay these kinds of prices in a B&M, NO way would I pay them here that also includes s/h both ways if I don't like it, doesn't fit like it's supposed to, doesn't look good on, and is underwhelming.

So I'm pretty much done here too.  Used to be fun, inexpensive, sizing you could count on but no longer.

Respected Contributor

Because I live in an area with a lot of stores,  I rarely shop here anymore.  Most of the things I buy I can get at a local store on sale or with a coupon,  I can also order on line and return to the store, if I don't like it.  I wait until a site has free shipping and will buy at that time.  I have had this conversation with my mom as she is returning multiple QVC items at the post office.  She always tells me there is no where in her tiny town to buy anything.  I can't imagine how much she spends on shipping and handling charges,  she didn't even know that QVC changed the shipping policy of not giving your original shipping charges back.  I think QVC banks on people like my mom who are elderly and shop on tv to keep busy.  

Honored Contributor

I'm in a good area for a mall and malls, so now I'm noticing that as I see things out in the stores, I'm say, (a little check list) look at their discounts, no mailing costs, no waiting for things to arrive. We have to pay tax anyway, why not just do it locally. I'm seriously thinking we (I) need to get to the local stores more often. It's jobs for people in our area too.

Respected Contributor

Well, here's the thing.  I hate clothes shopping and especially in stores because everything looks ugly to me.  I am not going from store to store looking for an item.  If I see an item on QVC that I like I will buy it.  If it doesn't fit then I will pay to return it because to me it's worth the trouble.

I know a lot of ladies say they can get the same items that are on QVC cheaper in other stores but I have not found this to be true. And, I don't find the return postage to be more at QVC than any other retailer.  I think I average about $6 or $7 postage per return.  That is substanial but I don't buy anything unless I'm pretty sure I will like it.  I try to use the same companies so I get to know their sizing which eliminates a lot of returns.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

Well, here's the thing.  I hate clothes shopping and especially in stores because everything looks ugly to me.  I am not going from store to store looking for an item.  If I see an item on QVC that I like I will buy it.  If it doesn't fit then I will pay to return it because to me it's worth the trouble.

I know a lot of ladies say they can get the same items that are on QVC cheaper in other stores but I have not found this to be true. And, I don't find the return postage to be more at QVC than any other retailer.  I think I average about $6 or $7 postage per return.  That is substanial but I don't buy anything unless I'm pretty sure I will like it.  I try to use the same companies so I get to know their sizing which eliminates a lot of returns.

Are you MBR?

Respected Contributor

MBR! LOL! Now that's funny! I think you may be right! Here's the thing......Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I have to admire people who can shop online (or TV) for clothing and shoes. I could never! 

I don't care what size I wear (and it has varied throughout my life, up and down), I can walk into any store (high end or low end) and pick, say, six different pairs of pants all in the same size (different manufacturers). Some will fit, some will be too small or too short, some will be too big or too long, heck, I'll be lucky to find one pair that is just right.

So I can't imagine getting it right by watching over the TV. Even with the sizing charts and the measurements I used to see posted online, it is such a cr@p shoot I don't know how anyone chances it.

Combine that with inconsistency in sizing like I see many on here now complain about and the new shipping being charged each way, and the (what I see as) too high a price for the quality of the clothing they offer, and it just won't work for me.

And then shoes! That would never work either!

There are other retailers who offer free shipping both ways. That I might try, but not this money grab Q now has.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Q2girl wrote:

Because I live in an area with a lot of stores,  I rarely shop here anymore.  Most of the things I buy I can get at a local store on sale or with a coupon,  I can also order on line and return to the store, if I don't like it.  I wait until a site has free shipping and will buy at that time.  I have had this conversation with my mom as she is returning multiple QVC items at the post office.  She always tells me there is no where in her tiny town to buy anything.  I can't imagine how much she spends on shipping and handling charges,  she didn't even know that QVC changed the shipping policy of not giving your original shipping charges back.  I think QVC banks on people like my mom who are elderly and shop on tv to keep busy.  

Q2girl, if your mother uses the internet you could introduce her to the array of online merchants selling the same and very similar merchandise as QVC does.  Many of these merchants are the ones who have the brick & mortar stores which are not in her area, but also include many fine ones which operate exclusively as mail order businesses (same as QVC).  Exploring this plethora of retail options a consumer can find a lot of perks for the effort.  Various s&h and return policies which are favorable to the customer, name brand merchandise, sales with deep discounts, use of coupons and discount codes are just a few things which one can find out there beyond the world of TV shopping these days.    

In a conversation about oonline shopping, an elderly friend once said to me that she doesn't want to use her credit card online for reasons of safety.  Well, the simple truth is that credit card number is already in cyberspace as bank and credit card company records are all maintained electronically.  We have all heard the numerous stories of data infiltration of cards taken from brick & mortar registers.  Then there is the endless onslaught of scare stories told as RFID products are being sold-- of the threat of being scanned by a thief just walking along the street.  My point is while some are better than others, and admittedly QVC is better than most with the security, none of these merchants can guarantee foolproof security.