Honored Contributor

I really don't think staycation means being home, doing the same things you always do, day after day.  Week after week.  A stay cation  is a vacation, you just don't travel anywhere.  You take a week off and visit tourist attractions, go to the country fair, spend a day at the local beach or lake, go to the movies, have a cookout and invite friends.  It's fun, leisure, relaxation, a break from our routine.  My sister has mobility issues and travel would be too difficult for but she still wants to vacation.  She spends several days in a posh hotel, a room with a balcony.  She relaxes on the balcony, orders room service, watches movies on TV, sits in the lobby and reads or people watches.  She's not far from home, just a few miles from her apartment.  Her body, mind, spirit needs that.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree actually,I have thought of doing that.today is Thursday , I probably could get a decent rate since it is not the weekend. Will definitely look into this for today!

Honored Contributor

It is a great time to refresh and relax. You can do things on your timeline and not have to deal with people unless you want to.

Honored Contributor

Hubby and I just did a Stay Cation last week! I do one every 4th of July week!

It was really nice-the 1st half of the week we had our granddaughters, ages 6 and 9 and had a blast with them, and the last half of the week-just hubby and I, and we did some fun things together and before you know it, it was Sunday evening!!!!!

They are nice to do because they are relaxing and you get up and decide if you want to do something that day or just relax with a good book, and grill later,etc......

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I traveled to Europe every year for 25 years. That ended after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Then, of course, there was Covid. Now I see and read about airport horrors and although I miss being in Europe for a couple of weeks a year, I do not miss air travel. Staying home is OK.

Respected Contributor

I really like being a "tourist" in my home town, so much history and beauty here. There have been so many changes in my lifetime that I don't always recognize it, but the beauty is still here.

When I was married, we had our own construction business and were "on call" 24/7 so I would often get a room in a hotel within an hour or so drive and would just veg out for the weekend. One doesn't always need to travel to faraway exotic places to regroup and learn to breathe again.

Super Contributor

Thats me too.