Respected Contributor

took a little time off from my library job and enjoying every minute of it.am still working my other job but that's ok.i think I could get used to this

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam Good for you! I love staycations! I like them much better than vacations where you spend time away from home.....especially if it involves a lot of time at the airport (no thanks to that!).

Honored Contributor

Enjoy!  Relaxation and leisurely pursuits are important for our mental health.  

Honored Contributor

We do not like to travel. Enjoy staying home. Had an RV in our younger days and enjoyed that but,now like to stay home.

Honored Contributor

My problem is I want to be somewhere but don't want to travel somewhere! Just want to beam me up!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Just remembered something: years ago we were at a party and a man told us he told his wife he would travel anywhere as long as he could sleep in his own bed at night.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stay cation

[ Edited ]

Before Covid, when it was not tax time, we traveled a lot. Now flying just seems too much a hassel. We choose destinations within driving distance...rental cars are sky high along with other charges.

We had plans to join the kids at a beach house rental for a week, but "bridal appts." and weddings seem to be endless. So many have put off their nuptials until after Covid and now playing catch up. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

My problem is I want to be somewhere but don't want to travel somewhere! Just want to beam me up!

@on the bay 

I can't tell you the number of times I have had exactly the same wish!!!

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love staying home!  I didn't need a pandemic to encourage me to do what is normal for me.  I don't want to eat any food I didn't prepare, nor sleep in any bed besides my own.   

Respected Contributor

I love staycations too! I find "going away" stressful, bothersome and undesirable.  I always pine for my creature comforts!  Yay, to enjoying our little slice of heaven!