Honored Contributor

Was watching the movie about these women who were behind the scenes on getting one of our astronauts into space.  Had to do with math/their calculations, etc.  It was such a good movie.

It made me miss the days of space launches.  Wonder if I'll be able to ever see anymore launches.  No idea where they'd go ........

Regular Contributor

I loved the movie (if you are talking about Hidden Figures) and especially the story that he  (Allen) would not go up in space until she (Katherine) checked the numbers.

Honored Contributor

That's it, thanks.  

Esteemed Contributor

Space X just launched a large satellite Sunday from Cape Canaveral....and I believe launhed an smaller one today....not sure from where though....

There is alot happening....I guess people just aren't interested enough because it gets buried if it ever reaches the news programs...

Honored Contributor

It's amazing to me that people now take space exploration for granted.Those astronauts are true American heros. If we get the timing right and it isn't cloudy we can see the rockets from Cape Canaveral as they climb into the sky, but the only channel that carries the launch info is the Florida channel, so I often miss the launches. I saw a zillion when I was a kid.