Valued Contributor

I have not smoked a cigarette in 31 days!  Not a puff, not a drag, not a whiff, not a nothing!!  Whew!  It just feels really good to say that!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

I have not smoked a cigarette in 31 days!  Not a puff, not a drag, not a whiff, not a nothing!!  Whew!  It just feels really good to say that!

@Jayhawk Girl...you go girl! Keep up the good work!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor
🙌 👏 🎉 Woo HOO! You are doing great! Stay strong,and reward yourself.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl  Good for you!  I quit in 1985, cold turkey, and a wise friend gave me a bit of advice.  "You are an addict of nicotine.  If you ever again have as little as one puff, all your effort will be for nought, and you'll be smoking again".  For once I took someone's advice and it has worked out beautifully.  Hope you can do it too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl  Good for you!  I quit in 1985, cold turkey, and a wise friend gave me a bit of advice.  "You are an addict of nicotine.  If you ever again have as little as one puff, all your effort will be for nought, and you'll be smoking again".  For once I took someone's advice and it has worked out beautifully.  Hope you can do it too.

I hope so, too. I think the biggest part is finally really wanting to quit. I am 55 and have smoked for at least 35 years. I just don't want to do it anymore. I cut waaaay down to two cigs per day 3 months ago then on May 1 had my last one. I had quite the little moment while smoking that last one....said goodbye to my friend and have not looked back!  Feels great just not even having them in my purse. Thanks for your advice....I intend to follow it!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

@Jayhawk Girl - Congratulations! Keep up the good work - doesn't it feel good to breath in that beautiful air - Today is my 11 yr anniversary - it gets easier and better every day!!

Contributor

Good for you! I did not think it could be done, but I also gave it up. Be very proud, as I have done hard stuff and giving up smoking was the hardest of all. Congratulations, SEC

Respected Contributor

Re: Smoking...not!

[ Edited ]

@Jayhawk Girl....I started smoking when I was 15. Smoked for ten years. Got sick. Stopped cold turkey. Have never smoked since. You can do this.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Regular Contributor

Have you ever dreamed that you were smoking and woke up in a cold sweat?  When I quit I had that dream a couple of times and was so relieved when I woke up and realized it didn't really happen.  Congratulations.  

Respected Contributor

Happy dancin' for you!!  Congratulations on you great success.  You are a WINNER!

I've quit several times over the years, but this time it stuck because, like you, I just did not want to smoke any more.

I think I've been clean for about 3 years now, but can't say for sure.  Everybody has to find their own way of coping & mine was to flat out not think about cigarettes at all because I thought it just kept the idea in my head.  So I did not keep track of exactly when I had my last smoke to keep the focus on improved health rather than feeling deprived.

Stay strong!