Esteemed Contributor

Yes you should!

Honored Contributor

It's been a wacky year - no better time for more positivity.  Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

Go for it.  What do you have to lose?  

Honored Contributor

Do it!  Do it for yourself.  My 7 year old great niece has a Youtube channel as do several of her little friends.  She puts on little plays with her dolls and sings and dances.  Actually, looked at Youtube beauty channels a few days ago to learn how to trim and shape all this curly hair of mind.  Just don't use that 10 old video, make a new one with current content.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Right!   The sucess stories who get paid sponsors are professionals with the right equipement, lighting, backgrounds  etc and they don't do it alone.  They have production help.  But many do it for fun or to share information or skills that they have.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Should I do it

[ Edited ]

My father and grandfather were both part time musicians so I was always around music.  I was caught up in the folk music revival of the 60's with my favorite genre being Celtic and specifically Scottish folk music.   Whenever there was a festival in my area I always volunteered so I could be near the music and the performers.  In 2000 a theatre opened in my area specializing in Celtic and world music and they were looking for volunteers so I immediately signed up.  I was soon asked to join  the Board of Directors and am now an officer as well.  Over the years I was able to meet idols of my youth which, for me, was amazing and have actually remained friends with some of them. I also was contacted by and started to manage a traditional folk band from Scotland here in the U.S./Canada and when they come over on tour I go with them (I do all the driving and sell the merch).  It's been 18 years now.  This has been like a dream come true for me and I'm having the time of my life. I've travelled to places I never even knew existed, met a lot of people who have become long time friends, and it has been quite a ride.  My point is, I had never done some of these things before but gave them a go and all worked out for me so I would say to you......go for it!  You never know where it might lead.  Good luck!     :heart:

Respected Contributor

@mintedrose If you are still pondering on a "what if or should I" it is worth doing!  Go for it and keep us posted.  Do not let your dream escape as you only live once.

Valued Contributor

Wow!! Thank you so much for the support everyone! Im so encouraged by all of you. 

@Anonymous032819  So, that was one of the thing that worried me too. Im not a pro at  editing and filming stuff. My hubby bought me some great equipment, including a nice camera to start with. I edited on my own after learning about it. I guess I'll just take small steps for now and hopefully will become good at the rest as time goes. Theres 12 years of catching up to do. Smiley Happy 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Valued Contributor

Just a thought but if you have the time and if you live near a cable local access TV studio, volunteer your time and you'll get a free education on filming and TV production.

:smileyhappy: