Valued Contributor

Ive been thinking about creating a youtube channel for awhile now, like 12 years. To talk about beauty, fashion, life etc. Just for fun. Youtubers who started theirs 12 years ago are doing exceptionally well now. Few of them already have their own makeup lines. 

I still have a video that I made 10 years ago but never posted it. I was too shy. I kinda really regret not starting back then. ;( 

I guess I wonder if anyone would even watch. Its been 12 years but that knawing at me to do it isnt going away. 

Any of you have any stories like this about starting a business or anything new? Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@mintedrose  ..... if you’ve wanted to do it for 12 years DO IT NOW!!!! ... you’ll never know unless you try..... Let me know when you do it & I’ll definitely watch ... GOOD LUCK 🥰

Honored Contributor

Of course you should, sounds like it's your heart's want.  There's no time like the present.

Esteemed Contributor

GO FOR IT!!!

But, also understand that the successful YouTube influencers edit their videos, use professional equipment, use special lights, etc.

They don't just shoot a video on their cell phone, the upload it five minutes later.

A lot of work goes in to making those videos.

Do you have the special equipment?

Do you have the ability to edit?

(Why did my font suddenly shrink?)

I am  not saying this to discourage you, but I just want to e honest and realistic about being a YouTube influencer.

But, as I said at the top,

GO FOR IT!!!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Well, as they say -- nothing ventured, nothing gained! If you've been thinking about it for so long, you must really want to do it.  Try it and then you will have no regrets!  If it's too much work or does not make you happy after you do it, at least you'll know!  Go for it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose  - My vote is to go for it!  You'll never know until you try it.  Do it right away and let us know here so we can watch it!

Esteemed Contributor

YES! And let us know what it is, so we can watch it. I enjoy watching videos like that on youtube.

Super Contributor

As the saying goes, we always regret the things we didn't do.  If, for some reason, it doesn't work out...oh, well, you gave it a shot.  It's all good! 

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

Go for it!  Nothing to lose.

Respected Contributor

Yes go for it.