Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I read the other day that Taylor Swift was on the Ellen show and they were talking about washing your legs in the shower, apparently some people don't wash, they just let the soap run down them (I did not know this was a thing).  Then Taylor said that she shaves her legs every day so yes, she does wash her legs. And Ellen was all like, what?  That is was crazy to shave daily. And then the internet chimed in and apparently lots of women think this is insane as well.  I personally shave daily from armpit to ankle, with an occasional exception.  I was wondering what the concensus is?  

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I read the other day that Taylor Swift was on the Ellen show and they were talking about washing your legs in the shower, apparently some people don't wash, they just let the soap run down them (I did not know this was a thing).  Then Taylor said that she shaves her legs every day so yes, she does wash her legs. And Ellen was all like, what?  That is was crazy to shave daily. And then the internet chimed in and apparently lots of women think this is insane as well.  I personally shave daily from armpit to ankle, with an occasional exception.  I was wondering what the concensus is?  

@Grouchomarx  Many women shave daily in the summer because they like smooth legs and don’t want to feel stubble. I don’t pay attention to social media except for these boards. 

Honored Contributor

You'll get stories and personal experiences but there will be no consensus on this because all bodies are different.  Some women are more hairy than other women.  I was deep into my 20's before I found out that some women shave their legs everyday.  And I didn't believe it until someone I trusted told me.  I had never heard of that.  I also was an adult when I discovered that some women wash their hair every day,  apparently their heads get sweaty or greasy or something.  Speaking for myself,  I only have to shave my legs 3 times a year.  I don't shave my under arms because when I was 20ish, I took the hair off with Nair and my under arm hair never grew back.  That washing your legs thing comes up on social media from time to time.  I do wash my legs in the shower.  The water and soap travels down so I probably don't have to but I do.  

Esteemed Contributor

I began shaving around 11 or 12 years of age.  I am going to be 66 next month.  I shave every day and always have, except maybe if I was sick in bed.   I don't care for the feeling of rubbing my legs together and feeling stubble so I am sure that my DH doesn't either (mine, that is LOL ). I think it is part of good grooming.  I am not particularly hairy either.  I soap up in the shower and use a disposable razor so I guess that takes care of the leg washing, too.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I shave from armpits down most days.  My legs get washed in the process!  I also shave the backs of my arms daily. I use a Venus razor.  Not particularly hairy....I just like to feel smooth.  Have done this for at least 45 years.

Esteemed Contributor

Since hitting meno, I hardly have any leg hair, so I very rarely shave my legs.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

my DD shaves her legs in the shower everyday-----I, however, don't need to as that hair never grew back after chemo !!!! One perk, I guess...Man Embarassed

Honored Contributor

I used the NO NO for a year and most of the hair on my legs doesn't grow now.  I might have to shave a few small areas every couple of weeks but even if I did shave daily that is not washing your legs.  While soap and water does trickle down, scrubbing is needed to get dead skin, dirt and lotions off your skin.  And if you don't wash your legs then you must skip your toes and feet also.  All I can say is Yuck!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I used to use an Epilady for my legs and underarms.  It saved me from having to shave every day; plus, my legs felt much smoother.  As I’ve gotten older the hair hasn’t grown back in either place so I no longer need to shave.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819  The best and only good thing about menopause is less shaving!  I too shaved everyday.