Honored Contributor

Re: September 2023 Bird's Nest

May be an image of text that says '1978 Long hair 2023 8 Tracks Longing for hair KEGs Cataracts EKGs Streaking Acid Rock Seeds and stems Leaking Acid Reflux Stayin' Alive (the song) Fiber Stayin' Alive (the goal) Hoping for a BMW Going to a new, hip joint Rolling Stones Bell bottoms Hoping for a BM Getting a new hip joint Kidney Stones Big bottoms Disco Whatever Costco Rock n' roll all night Think you know everything Depends Sleep through the night Think you know your name'

Honored Contributor

May be art of corn

Honored Contributor

Mary Kay @possummink  that 1978 vs 2023 chart was hysterical.  I'm still laughing.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

We had 15 minutes of sunshine this afternoon.  I wanted to start a parade Woman Very Happy  It's been wall to wall gloomy all week and I'm looking forward to clearer skies in the next few days.

Honored Contributor

hey all

read that chart today POSS posted. it was so funny and so gosh darn true.

not much else going on today.

lazy day for me

laundramat run done clothes folded and put away. ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

A few weeks ago, 3 subcontractor workers came to my property & started searching for where to hook-up electricity for a street light that the HOA has decided to place on the curvy corner of my property between the sidewalk & the curb. I was happy to hear there'd be a street light bc it's pitch dark when I take the trash out at night.

The utility companies had already been here and painted large arrows in corresponding colors on my side lot to illustrate where the electricity (red arrows), gas (green), water (blue), cable (yellow) are underground.

The 3 workers dug a 30-foot trench in my property between the sidewalk & the curb in search of the electricity and stopped when they hit the fire hydrant. Of course they never found the electricity & they left. I was too late to tell them about the arrows.

The 3 workers returned this week & began digging in my side yard. I immediately went outside when I saw them digging again & told them they could not dig a 30-foot trench in my side yard bc it would disrupt the grading and water could flow toward my foundation then. They were dumbfounded.

I asked 1 worker to call his supervisor so I could talk to him. The supervisor came out & so did a guy from the electric company. The electric company guy inserted electric cable into piping from a nearby electric box and then pointed out to Moe, Larry, & Curly the red arrows painted on the lot where the electricity in the pipe would come out. The supervisor was embarrassed, but the 3 guys just dug a hole where the electric company guy showed them. The electric company guy told them to then dig under the sidewalk to the painted white circle where the electric cable in the piping needed to go for the street light - designated by the painted white circle and words "street light."

The next day, someone else came & installed a nice street light that gives good gentle light.

But, the dirt that the 3 workers piled up from their futile digging is still there with 2 orange pylons. I'll be making calls if they don't clean up this week.

Oh brother.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Jesus, Mary and Joseph Lily, you have some real lulu's working for your utility company.  I don't know if it's age related or what - I'm not in the utilities business and even I know what the colors of spray paint mean as it relates to water, gas and electrical.  I hope they didn't do any damage to the fire hydrant line when they bumped into it.  Glad you happened to be home when they started to dig a trench in your side yard.

Honored Contributor

hello all

working on i pad today. dh took the big computer to apple store to the yearly program update. we do not do it at home any longer. we did it once and once was enough, fried the computer never again is our motto on the yearly major update for apple computers.

SUNNY SUNNY SUNNY today and quite humid. windows open. all clothes hung outside, already folded and put away.

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

Sorry that I'm so late - the October thread is up and running

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Bird-s-Nest-October-2023/m-p/8152332#M660640