Honored Contributor

Re: Sad Email -- guess it's the "sign of the times OR moods"☹️🎄

I wanted to ADD but for some reason can't "edit"....

My friends will always be there and they are a wonderful group of ladies.  

The intent of the post was its August and people are already deciding to cancel holiday plans.

I hope it didn't across as I'm "whining" I just find it "sad" this is the "new reality" until further notice😉.

Yes, I talk to those isolating (for very good health reasons) and see  the others most mornings at our pool we walk everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess what is sad that people have put their lives on hold forever. If a friend  has a compromised immune system, I  can understand but otherwise I think you should make other arrangements that will continue. You could do something different this year.  I don't know where you reside but if it is a warm climate, you could meet at an outside dining area.  So many options to consider.  Don't give up.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I'm not in a card group, but my friend who was in one before this "madness" still meets with the group at the set time with Zoom. They all have their coffee or tea by the computer and take an hour to keep in touch and more importantly safely maintain the social contact. 

Honored Contributor

That is too bad just when fun times are needed the most.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 ...Can the group just wait and see what December brings instead of canceling already?  I like to think positive, who knows what December will be like.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

Why not a virtual get together on the December date.  You all could send your " exchange " gift to be there for the date and then use Zoom for wine, chat and exchange.

Almost 76 and I just sat in on a Zoom meeting with my college.  Had an iPad and I followed the really simple instructions.   It is worth a try.   I would even suggest trying a get together before then, esp. since you gals haven't gotten to see each other since March.

Things have changed.  We may as well take advantage of the technology to keep mind and heart together.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I guess all we can do is make the best of things.  Our entire family and circle of friends have kept our commitment to masks and social distancing.  So glad we have, but it does change our reality while this all lasts.

Our DD is having a “big birthday” in September.  A zoom celebration is being planned.  Several close family members plan to take DD and SIL out to dinner at one of our nicer local restaurants where dining outside is possible at good distances apart.  

We see our two GC at a distance and masked.  We greatly miss the close contact we have always had.  And especially their stays at our home in their own designated bedroom here.  But safety for all is our biggest concern, and hope for a better tomorrow is something we try to hang onto.  Some days are better than others.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

homedecor1

Your post was well stated and certainly not whining.  I understand your point about people already canceling holiday plans.  I feel sad over that also and since I am alone and spend the holidays with family, it is hard to accept the changes.  However, I don't know what my family will do as they haven't thought that far ahead.  But I pray for positive change and hope that  sooner than later we will be together. 

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I go to lunch with two friends about three times a week in normal times. We can't go now. We sat outside at picnic tables at one friend's house and had pizza. Then it got too hot. 
  We e mail, I can't hear on the phone. At Christmas we go to a nice place for lunch then they come to my house for our packages. We've done it for about 15 years. 

This year they can't come. We are social distancing as is my family. So, there will be no Thanksgiving, and no Christmas celebrations. Frozen dinners.
   I'm glad I have my dog, one just died!  I'd be lonely without her!

This morning I changed Summer decorations to Autumn, put out different candles, ordered the special value lantern. (I have one like it and love it!). My dog helped. 
   She and I will do fewer decorations at Christmas, Valerie's tree. And sip Champagne. 
   Times change, and so must we. 
                             🍾

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers   Are restaurants not open in your state? We go to lunch with our friends but restaurants are open in NY.