Honored Contributor

Thank you, Shanus, for offering those of us who are not Jewish a greater understanding of Judaism.  It appears you had a warm celebration with your family.  Lovely.  Like you, I'm on year two of missing some major holidays celebrated at my Greek Orthodox house of worship.  I'm so emotionally drained by all of this (like so many others), but what else can one do?

May all who welcomed a new year be blessed in every conceivable way! 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Thanks for this thread; I have trouble finding it some weeks.

Happy New Year and Good Shabbos to all of you.

@sunala Still sending you good wishes!Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

Shanus, thank you so much for starting off Shabbos for all of us. I loved your explanation  of the holiday.

Hope this new year brings peace, understanding and compromise to all. 

Have a peaceful week everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your explanation of the holidays, Shanus.  I am always interested to learn about many faiths.  We are all children of the same God.  

Due to the virus and the fact that DH and I are up in years, we have not been to church for a long time.  I try to spend more time reading inspirational topics.  Hoping that life will return to normal soon, some days optimistic, and some days not so much.  Again, thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

Thank you, Shanus, for offering those of us who are not Jewish a greater understanding of Judaism.  It appears you had a warm celebration with your family.  Lovely.  Like you, I'm on year two of missing some major holidays celebrated at my Greek Orthodox house of worship.  I'm so emotionally drained by all of this (like so many others), but what else can one do?

May all who welcomed a new year be blessed in every conceivable way! 

@golding76   The same as my granddaughters missing more than a year of school, their friends, any family social events, holidays together, restaurants, movies, concerts... There is nothing else to do but WAIT until everyone is vaccinated and this nightmare ends. I'm sorry you've missed your Greek holidays, too. It's painful not being with family/familiar congregants and maybe being alone for holiday meals.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Shanus  for this week's thread. 

Good Shabbos and happy weekend to all! 

Sunny, hope you are doing well. Heart

Hope all of you had an easy fast.   

@Shanus as someone brought up in the Catholic faith, I screamed laughing at your friend's comment.  Smiley Happy   I remember thinking that when I first learned about Judaism when I was young. lol 

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and doing something that brings you joy. 

Today is National Cheeseburger Day.   I LOVE  burgers!   Mangia!!  Enjoy! 

Bacon Cheeseburger(t) & Fries — Friendly's

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@Shanus as someone brought up in the Catholic faith, I screamed laughing at your friend's comment.  Smiley Happy   I remember thinking that when I first learned about Judaism when I was young. lol 

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and doing something that brings you joy. 

@dmod nj   That's the best looking burger and fries...juicy and delicious. I did go to church w/ my friend and I remember putting my feet on the "pull out thing" for kneeling. No one on the row could get it down and didn't  know why. Then someone told me "Hey, psssst. That's for kneeling"!!! For sure, I never did that again when I went with her. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj   That's the best looking burger and fries...juicy and delicious. I did go to church w/ my friend and I remember putting my feet on the "pull out thing" for kneeling. No one on the row could get it down and didn't  know why. Then someone told me "Hey, psssst. That's for kneeling"!!! For sure, I never did that again when I went with her. 

Woman WinkWoman LOL

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.