Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all my forum friends here. 

I spent the last 2 days watching virtual Yom Kippur services on my computer (for the second year).

For those who do not celebrate, these last few weeks were the Jewish new year called Rosh Hashanah and then beginning Wednesday night at sundown, the Yom Kippur services, where we are asked to forgive others who have sinned against us and also admit any sins we may have committed and ask God for forgiveness. As my high school friend who was Catholic said, "Wow, you can get the forgiveness/sinning thing over in a day and I have to go to church every week!!!". 

On the second day of Yom Kippur (yesterday), fasting is the ritual...not for children under age 13 or anyone on  medication or sick. It ended at sundown last night by a traditional Break The Fast light meal. My DS, DIL and grandchildren came over to join us in this meal. It had cooled off enough (to 80) by 7PM that we enjoyed dinner on our screened porch, but with the overhead fans on high. 

Wishing all and @sunala a happy and safe weekend.

***Please all who have not done so yet, get vaccinated and let's wear our masks so we can end COVID and life and the lives of our children can begin to go back to normal. 

Respected Contributor

To those that observed---may you have had a meaningful fast and may your blessings be abundant.  Happy New Year!

Honored Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM

[ Edited ]

Happy Weekend and Week ahead to all.

Many Blessings sent to all who celebrate. 

Thank You @Shanus for this beautiful thread. 

I hope the year ahead is a peaceful, safe, healthy, and pleasant for all of us.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Happy Weekend and Week ahead to all.

Many Blessing sent to all who celebrate. 

Thank You @Shanus for the beautiful thread. 

I hope the year ahead is a peaceful, safe, healthy, and pleasant one for all of us.

@DREAMON   Thank you and a happy and healthy NEW YEAR to you and your loved ones. 

Respected Contributor

For all who observe I hope you had an easy fast. Wishing all a Shabbat Shalom and a good weekend. Thank you @Shanus for our weekly thread. Sending love out to @sunala and hoping she is well, happy and knows how miuch we are missing her.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Regular Contributor

Hi to everyone!  Good Shabbos!

I hope everyone had a good week.  I pray all are well.

@Shanus  your post was very informative to those who do not celebrate these wonderful holidays.  Thank you for taking the time to write it and share it.

My family came over the eve of Yom Kipper and we had a big dinner to start our fast..for those who will fast.  I made a big turkey, oven roasted potatoes and creamed peas. My DIL made a beautiful challah while my other DIL made a lemon sherbet jello mold which was very good and for dessert we had various favors of rugelah. On Yom Kipper everyone again came over and we too watched services virturally. Afterwards we ate all the leftovers to break the fast.

Everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend!  Let's  all gather again here next week.

Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom, and Happy New Year to all who observe

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

HiRe: SHABBAT SHALOM

[ Edited ]

Shabbat Shalom!

Thank you all for these cheerful posts on observing the Yom Kippur day, virtual was the way yet again. Let's hope for returning in person to synagogues soon. How nice that some were able to join with family!

Thank you @Shanus for the beautiful explanation of our holiday. I appreciate your starting us off. And to
☀️@sunala☀️ missing you ,,& hoping you are well.

Yes, mask up, social distance & hand wash. I truly believe that vaccination is our way out of this mess.

Take care, enjoy these beautiful autumn days!

Honored Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM

[ Edited ]

@Silverfox1   Thanks for the compliment on describing the holidays and a gaint YUM on your meal!

Honored Contributor

Happy weekend, happy Sukkot !!!