Honored Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM APRIL 14th******

Hoping everyone has a relaxing and safe weekend.  To my Jewish friends, I find it heartbreaking that antisemitism is on such a steep rise again.  It speaks to the ugly cloud that has been thrown over humanity by petty, small-minded and soulless beings.  If some people hadn't made hatred acceptable, we would not be experiencing this.

Shanus, I agree that you could wear your Star of David under your clothing, but I know from being careful with my cross that some necklines reveal one's religious symbol.  Maybe a longer chain?  In that way, no one will know you are wearing it.

This is pititful that I should even have to write this advice.  What kind of people hate groups of people?

Honored Contributor

@golding76 ..what a beautiful symbol of faith

Honored Contributor

Addendum:  Why is that when there is wide-scale human tragedy, people are able to come together to help one another without rebuffing someone of a different race or religion?

How often I've seen on TV news coverage of disasters and tragedies scenes that warm my heart.  In the wake of tragedy, you see Black and White helping one another, uplifting one another and hugging one another.  Who knows what religions are represented among all of them.   Why don't those magic moments last?

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! We are finally into Spring, fresh breezes and sun at last. So much to be grateful for yet sadness and fear for what our society faces.

I am sorry @Shanus about your hesitance to wear your Star of David necklace. I have a beautiful Star of David pendant given to me by my Grandmother when I was 6 years old which I do not wear for that same reason.

Have a restful weekend!

FB_IMG_1681511535217.jpg

FB_IMG_1681510872553.jpg

Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik   and others. I so appreciate everyone's concern about my wearing my Star of David. It was also given to me as a child by my Nana. It's small with pave diamonds all around. It's on a 16" chain and I can't remember NOT wearing it, so it's such a part of me. 

I had the chain changed out when I was in my late teens since the 15" original one was a bit too short. The newer chain was a heftier one that I could shower with, etc. and never worry about takeing it off. 

All 10 grandchildren received one from Nana when we were young (boys no diamonds).

Growing up in the south, I was used to seeing police protection at Temple any time there were services...more police at the High Holidays in the fall. The hatred and danger is not new.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, Yes, when our DD moved to SC we were amazed to see the police protection at & around the Temple. If an evening event was held they were there also, even patrolling the parking lot. Very sad of what has become of our world.