Respected Contributor

I moved 2 years ago and I needed a landline for my security system at the time.  The ppl who last had the number were apparently deadbeats who never paid bills.  I have nomorobo installed and it zaps a lot of the spam calls; however, every single day I get numerous calls from a debt recovery company - it gets zapped but rings once - I'm so tired of this!!!  

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle ; Yep : Same for me and we were still getting 7 or 8 calls per day even after pressing the red button. Just purchased a Panasonic phone from Sam’s club. This set has a call block button on each hand set and quick and easy to use. We use both systems and now down to just 1 robo call per day. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

The one that is really annoying me is my healthcare provider Aetna who has Matrix marketing call me at least 5 times a day.🤬🤬🤬 Why?  They want to send a personal nurse to come and evaluate my health & living situation. What!!!!!  I've told them numerous times I do not need this!!!  So now I let the machine take it. Today I now have Dr. Michael ???? concerned about my health.  Please return call.  I don't need this nor did I ask for it😡

And on my cell phone I keep getting calls (of course scam) I'm eligible to apply for SS and they have important info for me or I won't get my monthly check ....what????  I don't even collect SS -- idiots!

And the latest one is "this is Apple calling your ICloud is filled

we need you press #1 to update your plan and speak with rep. of course scam.

Seems as soon as I updated my phone plan with Verizon and Spectrum took over my home phone service more robocalls -- thank goodness for caller ID🙂

Respected Contributor

did you get the guy that speaks broken english that the feds are coming for us for tax failure so funny. oh the student loan lady we are retired but she wants to help for paying student loans, they so wanting to help us with our problems is so funny I block them out but my devil side want to pick up phone & say OK then end it with laughing so hard.

Honored Contributor

Are you using a land line or cell phone?  It's pretty easy to block that number if it's a cell phone.  Also, have you registered your number at donotcalldotgov?  It doesn't stop scammers but it can eventually help with sales and robo calls.

I finally gave up my land line a few years ago.  I still get scam calls but block each one.  They will try calling from another number and I delete it.  Usually, they stop after the third block.I rarely get scam calls anymore.

Respected Contributor

I get landlines & block so much they are blocked but so funny 

Respected Contributor

I have wanted to get rid of our landline for years, but DH refused to give it up. The robo calls have been getting worse and worse for years. In recent months, we were getting 5-9 per day. I couldn't take it. I unplugged the phone for about three weeks. 

I heard on the news that the gov't. (FTC) put a ban on some robo callers and their equipment and threatened them with heavy fines if they did not stop.

I plugged the phone back in last week out of necessity, and barely even get one robo call per day now. YAY!!!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor
I block every robocall....at least 8 a day and almost all healthcare or data breach emergencies from phone carriers I don’t use. They just keep calling using slightly different numbers.
Honored Contributor

I have to say we have started blocking calls like crazy and finally yesterday was eerily silent.I just realized that I am paying for a landline to accommodate scammers.We get wanted calls on our cells...maybe it is time to take a scammers job opportunity away.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

The one that is really annoying me is my healthcare provider Aetna who has Matrix marketing call me at least 5 times a day.🤬🤬🤬 Why?  They want to send a personal nurse to come and evaluate my health & living situation. What!!!!!  I've told them numerous times I do not need this!!!  So now I let the machine take it. Today I now have Dr. Michael ???? concerned about my health.  Please return call.  I don't need this nor did I ask for it😡

And on my cell phone I keep getting calls (of course scam) I'm eligible to apply for SS and they have important info for me or I won't get my monthly check ....what????  I don't even collect SS -- idiots!

And the latest one is "this is Apple calling your ICloud is filled

we need you press #1 to update your plan and speak with rep. of course scam.

Seems as soon as I updated my phone plan with Verizon and Spectrum took over my home phone service more robocalls -- thank goodness for caller ID🙂

I just got the Apple ICloud message on my VM the other day.  Funny bc as I'm listening to this message, I can hear others in the background making calls using the same script as I just got.   Not only that but most of the calls I receive are from ppl speaking with an accent or broken english and sometimes it's hard to make out what they are saying!