Honored Contributor

If someone needs to get in touch they will leave a message.  The worst idea is returning a call to scammers thinking that you will show them, nope, you have shown them they have a live customer, the calls will increase, and they have won.  At the end of the day, I block all calls that didn't leave messages. Blocking phone numbers does lessen the calls.  That has helped somewhat (yes, they will change numbers and spoof numbers), as well as signing up for no more robo. Being placed on the no call list isn't much help and will increase calls if you talk to scammers and asked to be put on their no call lists.  I don't put much energy/thought into these calls anymore.  Just leave the phone alone and only pick up/return calls when you know the caller.  No message,  block and don't return scam calls for any reason....simple and no emotional investment.

Honored Contributor

This is exactly what I do....

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

We have just always ignored them. Don’t answer unless I know exactly who it is and want to speak to them. 

Used to get tons of robo calls. Now, not so many at all. Don’t know why. Maybe because they never got an answer.

Honored Contributor

The spoofers change their number every time, so I think those calls would be impossible to block.  The upshot is that many people don't answer their phone any more; they just check their voicemail to see if anyone legitimate called.

Respected Contributor

My mom number was spoofed to call me and my number was spoofed to call her. Around 5:35AM this morning my mom number called my phone and that's when I found out her number was spoofed. I was on the phone talking to my mom when she was getting a beep. Call waiting showed my number was calling her when I was already on the other end talking to her. It is a pain.

Honored Contributor

The only spoof I had with the exact name and number was my own name and number. I knew I wasn’t calling myself.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz   Wow, this is quite a testimony on this product from you, especially since you're addressing landlines. Without checking out this product, perhaps it's good only for landlines which is great because yes, we still use our landline.

We get so many insane constant robo calls, scammer calls, real people calls begging for money (yes this actually happens too!) it is SO annoying. If this really works I'm in!!!!

Thanks for your input!

Honored Contributor

If you don't recognize the number don't answer the phone.

Even if you knew who the caller was chances are there is nothing you can do about it.

Some of these scammers are calling to make a list of working numbers to sell. If you answer the phone your number goes on the list they sell & you start getting more phone calls.

They call here daily from early morning before I get up until 9 pm.

I had one number that kept calling every day. I finally answered the phone & asked them WTH do you want to stop $%^&^(# calling me They have not called back since I cussed them out. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@jlkz @Maybe I should try that one but this caller keeps changing numbers all of the time...sometimes they are local too.I have never answered and it seems they will not stop untill they get me.

Even if they get you they will still keep calling.  I have that Robo Call devise from QVC and it works great.  I have 638 blocked calls on it.  If you get a call and don't recognize the number you can just hit the button and it stops and blocks the call.  I love it.  The only problem is the callers just change the number and call back.  It's called the CPR Call Blocker V5000. 

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

After trying Do Not Call list and other hints that didn’t work, I got really tired of getting up and answering the phone.

Happened to see the call blocker and ordered 2 and hooked them up to my two lines.  All I can tell you is that my home is so much quieter...for once something worked.

When I couldn’t block a #, I called CS and the friendly British person explained after he tried it that it was a wireless caller.  He pointed out in the little booklet how to block those types.

It is a gem.  If you make a mistake and block someone you didn’t mean to, it is simple to fix.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz   I have strong doubts on the do not call list as you do. Did you know you can actually dial that group back up to 'renew/update'?  Why I'm not sure, it doesn't work.

Anymore now I'm home (retired) I don't even get up to answer the phone. If it's important and/or the caller really has a desire to chat with me, they can certainly leave a message. Wasn't that important, they never do. Thanks again!