Honored Contributor

Rabid bobcat attacks husband and wife

[ Edited ]

Man throws rabid bobcat after it attacks his wife. In North Carolina, a husband was outside of his garage about to get in his car. His wife exited the garage, between their two parked cards, holding her elderly kitty for a trip to the vet. Suddenly, you can hear a kind of growl-meow sound and an animal comes flying to land on the woman and attacked her; biting the side of her face. The husband walks around the back of the car and  over to his wife's side and pulls this big thing off her and then tries to walk with it out between the two cars parked side in the driveway to the more open area in the front yard. He realizes it's a bobcat as the animal bites him a few times. The animal is acting strangely. The husband tries to fling the cat away from him in the yard. The animal continues to stay, and the man shot the cat.The cat was examined and determined to be rabid. You can watch the whole incident happen here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwixteuvhY7wAhUUCs0KHWNsA7oQ...

Honored Contributor

Re: Rabid bobcat attacks husband and wife

I saw something about that on the news although nothing was said about it being rabid.  Guess they didn't know at the time.  Well, at least they were able to find out quickly so they know they have to to be treated for it, although I'm sure they would've probably been told to get the treatments had the animal gotten away just to be safe.  I hear it's not pleasant.  

I have an ancestor who apparently died of a "mad dog bite" according to his widow.  I would like to get the death certificate just to see what it says although I'm not sure there is one.  I do have a copy of his obituary and the description of his final days certainly don't sound like what I would expect, but it's an obituary.  They sometimes give a more glowing account than reality.

Honored Contributor

And now the series of rabid shots both have to get.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

As if a trip to the vet is not traumatic enough!

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

@MarieIG    What's a trip to the vet got to do with this story?  A bobcat is a wild animal.  Nobody takes them for rabies shots. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I watched it multiple times and couldn't believe the quick thinking husband's action. Luckily for them he had a gun to kill the bobcat.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

@MarieIG    What's a trip to the vet got to do with this story?  A bobcat is a wild animal.  Nobody takes them for rabies shots. 

@Kachina624In the OP, the wife was holding their elderly cat.  They were on the way to the Vet when the rabit bobcat appeared and attacked.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

@Kachina624In the OP, the wife was holding their elderly cat.  They were on the way to the Vet when the rabit bobcat appeared and attacked.

@qbetzforreal @You can see the cat in the video. She's a calico.

Esteemed Contributor

😮This story is heartbreaking. Although they sustained serious injuries, I am glad things were not worse!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D What a frightening ordeal.  I hope their injuries weren't too severe, however, the fact the bobcat was rabid is what is so frightening.  I wish them well. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam