Honored Contributor

Re: Rabid bobcat attacks husband and wife

I don't want to watch a video of a bobcat attack, but I would like to know what happened to the couple's cat they were taking to the Vet.  Is it all right?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I don't want to watch a video of a bobcat attack, but I would like to know what happened to the couple's cat they were taking to the Vet.  Is it all right?

@NickNack @It's fine. She wasn't even touched. 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@amyb The tail tells it all...........Bobcat - short 'bob'd" tail......Cougar loooooog

beautiful tail sweeping the ground.

I think a puma is much larger and taller too.  I believe folks that live in areas where dangerous animals live, should maybe carry mace or some kind of defense.  Even rubber bullets to frighten, not to harm.

Respected Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

As if a trip to the vet is not traumatic enough!

@MarieIG    What's a trip to the vet got to do with this story?  A bobcat is a wild animal.  Nobody takes them for rabies shots. 

@Kachina624   I don't know how your pets feel about going to the vet, but mine could get quite vocal when they realized where they were going. It was not a trip that I anticipated with joy, in the best of circumstances,  and then - to be attached by a rabid bobcat WHILE on the way to the

vet. 

@January121  @Mz iMac

This couple was attacked by the bobcat were taking their kitty to the vet. 

Hence the comment.  

Mine too!  Our cat has annual shots.  Must be five or six she gets and rabies is absolutely one of them.  We have to have the vet come to our house and it's not cheap.  We just put her in the bathroom and wait for the vet but the screaming!  I have to leave the house.  I can't bear to hear her like that but shots ARE necessary.  She and the environment must be protected.  Our cat flips out when the vet comes though.  I mean flips OUT. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack @It's fine. She wasn't even touched. 

@Mindy D   Thank you for letting me know.  I'm so glad she's all right.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

As if a trip to the vet is not traumatic enough!

@MarieIG    What's a trip to the vet got to do with this story?  A bobcat is a wild animal.  Nobody takes them for rabies shots. 

@Kachina624   I don't know how your pets feel about going to the vet, but mine could get quite vocal when they realized where they were going. It was not a trip that I anticipated with joy, in the best of circumstances,  and then - to be attached by a rabid bobcat WHILE on the way to the

vet. 

@January121  @Mz iMac

This couple was attacked by the bobcat were taking their kitty to the vet. 

Hence the comment.  

Mine too!  Our cat has annual shots.  Must be five or six she gets and rabies is absolutely one of them.  We have to have the vet come to our house and it's not cheap.  We just put her in the bathroom and wait for the vet but the screaming!  I have to leave the house.  I can't bear to hear her like that but shots ARE necessary.  She and the environment must be protected.  Our cat flips out when the vet comes though.  I mean flips OUT. 

Yes, DH had to take granddoggie to the vet this morning for shots.  DS said she could be dropped off.  Nope, granddoggie apparently had a reputation which preceeded her.  There was a stern message on our voicemail which DH did not hear until after the visit, that she could not be dropped off.  It took four staff members to hold her down, she got off her muzzle, and she gashed herself. She then needed her self-inflicted gash cleaned. They gave DH anti anxiety meds for her when she goes back in two weeks for a booster.  Meanwhile, there was a dog fight in the waiting room and the cops were called due to a screaming, cursing, pet owner.  

Now, granddoggie has totally recovered but not so DH, LOL. 

Do the math.