Super Contributor

Re: Question for you if you were visiting as a guest In my home

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus   THROUGH WITH YOU and this thread. Thanks for ruining everything good with the other posters who joined in to bad mouth me....and  who hurt my feelings. Done Over and OUT.  Many thanks and good wishes to those nice posters who helped me get it all together for today.  There are some really nice people out there in a sea of nasty.

~SeaMaiden

@SeaMaiden  It’s not OUR fault that you did not provide sufficient information.

@Shanus

SeaMaiden likes to dish it out, but, when the tables are turned,  she gets her feathers ruffled easily.   

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Shanus   THROUGH WITH YOU and this thread. Thanks for ruining everything good with the other posters who joined in to bad mouth me....and  who hurt my feelings. Done Over and OUT.  Many thanks and good wishes to those nice posters who helped me get it all together for today.  There are some really nice people out there in a sea of nasty.

~SeaMaiden

@SeaMaiden  It’s not OUR fault that you did not provide sufficient information.

@Shanus

SeaMaiden likes to dish it out, but, when the tables are turned,  she gets her feathers ruffled easily.   

@moon_gazer  I don’t recall @SeaMaiden having that issue. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Always coffee. (Buy a small pot, for heaven's sake.) offer water, perhaps hot or iced tea, and a soda option or two. If for brunch, you may want to consider wine. Never serve in the original bottle or can. Never plastic unless poolside or at a park picnic where glass may be prohibited.

If I'm in a strager's home, I prefer to drink from a bottle or can. I can't stand the taste of glasses washed in a dishwasher, and if I don't really know them, I don't want to eat or drink there when I don't know them or their kitchen practices. Especially since the OP doesn't entertain or serve guests, there is no real reason for this short visit, to expect her to ramp it up and provide anything too fancy. 

In my opinion there is nothing worse than someone outside their comfort zone trying to make something happen (in this case entertain and serve like the hostess with the mostest). They tend to just make the situation awkward and uncomfortable. 

A selection of cold drinks served in their bottles/cans and some store bought sweets would be more than appropriate.

Honored Contributor

I’d pick up some ready made iced tea at the grocery store or I’d prepare some myself. I’d pick up some ready made bottles of Starbucks at the grocery store. They can be served cold or not and they come in four packs. I’d also offer bottled water. 

Valued Contributor

Thats a good time for tea actually. Any tea would be nice with some cookies. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden:  I was really looking forward to reading who your guests were.  Pretty please?

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

SMH - I've followed both of SeaMaiden's posts about this topic (the first being about house cleaning for her "guests"). I honestly think this is one of the most bizarre ongoing posts I've followed on the Forum. So many people gave thoughtful and helpful responses (including me), but the OPs comments were always confusing....from "guests from PA" to people she had never met who were going to show potential changes to the outside of her home on their laptop. Nothing adds up here. This one tops the other strange post from the woman who was contemplating renting a room in her home to her yard man and him cleaning out her garage. I feel duped, but it's been an interesting adventure!

@jannabelle1  The most bizarre thread for me will always be the woman who wanted advice to hide hickies and because she didn't come out and say it up front, people insisted she was being abused and wanted to hide bruises.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Do what is easiest for YOU...then relax and enjoy.

People no longer feel obligated to offer anything, and it is not rude.

They might be thirsty... offer water by the glass if you can.

Maybe offer crackers for if they are hungry?

Just make it SIMPLE!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I read clear through this, every post, and couldn't wait to find out who the visitors were.  Dang!

It sounds to me like one of those home improvement shows on TV.

@SeaMaiden Please come back and tell us who your visitors are/were.