Honored Contributor

Question for you if you were visiting as a guest In my home

If you were visiting  someone's home you really do not know for the first time... at 10 AM in the morning.....

What  COLD beverages( none alcoholic)  would you like the hostess to offer you?   Or what would you prefer? I have no way of providing coffee.....

AND:  would you prefer out of the container  it comes  in ( bottle or can) or, served in a glass? Is  A plastic  glass OK? Or do you want glass?

I was thinking  of offering my guests bottled Ice Tea, sparkling water, bottled water? 

Please help me!

I am still freaking out about these visitors from PA East Coast coming to visit me this Monday😶😶😶😶😶

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for you if you were visiting as a guest In my home

Early in the morning I'd just offer cold water.

Honored Contributor

We keep bottled water all the time but DH and I use our 20 oz. Yetis for iced water. We also buy little bottled juices, Gatorade, and bottled bai coconut waters. Everything in my fridge is individual bottles or cans (Pepsi). 

Dont get get excited over drinks. My sister brings her drinks because I think it’s diet DP.

Always have bottled water and your good to go.

Sam’s and Costco have the best selections.

Respected Contributor

The only cold beverage I would want in the morning is orange juice or water.  Coffee is a necessity in the morning for me.    Coffee pots can be bought very inexpensively - $20 and if they drink coffee, would be very much appreciated.  Perhaps hot tea would be an option also depending on what your guests prefer.

Honored Contributor

I am not a coffee drinker, but it seems to me people are desperate for coffee in the morning.  Everywhere I go, it's coffee coffee coffee, with nothing whatsoever for the non-coffee drinkers in the world.  That has changed a little for the better, for me, in the last 10 or 15 years, but that was my experience at meetings and such.

SO, unless you know they don't drink coffee, I'd buy the cheapest brewer I could find, get some name brand coffee and make a little pot.  DOesn't have to be fancy or gourmet, just coffee.

Beyond that, hot water and a few tea bags, I'd suggest an English breakfast or Afternoon tea of a decent brand not expensive, some milk and sugar would be nice as well.  Some cold tea (from a plastic jug at the grocery store), and a few small cans of coke and some Sprite/7-up/gingerale type beverage and leave it at that.  That should be fine, and maybe some bottled water.  

Put a few cans in the fridge, and offer a glass, plastic or glass, and some ice cubes if you have them and they'll be fine with that.  Some small paper napkins are a nice touch for the beverages.

I am excited for you and think your guests are going to feel so special and you are going to be so happy to be able to treat others to a nice visit.

Oh, and a package of Pepperidge Farm cookies would be great too

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might find a coffee pot at a local thrift store too!  If you can find an inexpensive Keurig style one-cup-at-a time machine and a variety pack of the pods it uses, you'd be absolutely fixed up! Bed bath and beyond???  Clearance shelf at WalMart?

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I'm not a big coffee drinker, either.  I just have a cup of instant w/my breakfast.  But I do have a Keurig for when people come over who drink coffee.  I know they are expensive, but maybe another brand just for times like you're talking about.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  Cookies are a nice idea....I do not eat them, and would not have thought of that!

maybe a I will buy a coffee maker...I really do not want one...or would use one....seems silly to buy it be just for a short visit?

Respected Contributor

I am a coffee drinker. If I were to be your guest, I'd want to know that you don't make coffee. I wouldn't expect you to go out and buy a coffee maker, but I'd let you know that I'd be bringing my own Via packets and asking for hot/boiling water to make my own. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Can you borrow a coffee pot or coffee maker from a neighbor for the morning?