Regular Contributor

I'm thinking about retiring, I've been doing childcare in my home for 20+ yrs. How do you spend your days,just curious.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for those retired

[ Edited ]

I exercise a few days a week, take care of 6 cats, cook a real meal sometimes, clean sometimes, run errands, nap, play on the IPad way to much. There are days I do basically nothing because I don’t want to or didn’t sleep well. Best thing is I don’t have to meet some corporate America quota. I don’t know,  I keep busy, not bored. 

Esteemed Contributor

Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, for the most part.

Too busy to list it all for you.

Caring for me, my family, my dog, my home, reading, hobbies, getting together with friends and volunteering are just a few. All the things I did previously, just with more time to do them and on my chosen schedule.

Respected Contributor

Don't become my sister.  She spends most of her days watching TV.  She does take our mom to the doctor's when needed, so I'll give her that  . . .

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Te he, I am well into my second hour of coffee but will struggle over to the TV for some news any time now 😂

You will find things to do, the rest of my day will be full.

Esteemed Contributor

Another thought if you like kids, the should be a crisis nursery/childcare nearby.  Give them a call.

Respected Contributor

All the responses sound wonderful (so far at least).  I too am looking to retire in the next few years.  I look forward to doing much the same activities that I do now outside of work, only at a much more relaxed pace.  .  I can't wait!!!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

When I am not travelling, I eat out or order in, have breakfast or lunch w/ retired gfs, stay in bed all day in my pj's binge watching tv, read a book, go to the afternoon movies ($5), play on my computer, play w/my gadgits, sometimes I don't do a darn thing all day but watch tv & munch on munchies.  I am lazy by nature.  I retired at 50.

I'm in California now visiting relatives but staying at a hotel (I ❤️ being catered to). 

ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT!!!!! each day above ground is a good day

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I kind of eased into retirement as I worked Per Diem for 4 years after I retired. By the time I retired for good I was ready to do whatever I wanted for the first time. I do a bit of traveling to visit friends, but mostly I stay home and take care of my home. I love to cook and try new recipes, and I read voraciously. I do spend a lot of time on the iPad, but so what? The point is , it’s your unscheduled time, enjoy it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I do whatever I want.