Honored Contributor
I don’t have them tell me I am attractive, they hit on me different ways....like follow me around the store (creepy) or ask for help in choosing food...or tell me how much younger I must be than they are...🙄. I think they are harmless, but seems with age they seem more bold with women!
Honored Contributor

Re: Question....Men...

[ Edited ]

@annie315 wrote:

Yes, I am frequently plagued by this problem at the grocery store. The frozen food aisle is especially problematic as the men want to help thaw any ice or frozen particles in my life or cart. The other problem is the meat aisle.....meatballs and othe cuts of beef seem to generate a multitude of attention.....I need to avoid the kielbasa section for obvious reasons. Life is difficult at my age. But I love every minute of it.

@annie315   My mind is either very dense or very over stimulated.Woman Surprised

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

God no!!  Up to and into to my 50's every now and then had someone approach me. Luckily,  I have since attained Kyrpt Keeper status so I'm not bothered.

I hate strangers trying to talk to me when I'm out.

Esteemed Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Same thing happens to me.  Im always surprised.  One gentlemen asked me to make him meatballs..lol.  Another time I was taking a friend to PT and a gentlemen was taking his mom, we were scheduled at the same time and he always wanted to go for coffee.  I think people are just lonely sometimes, and its just nice to be kind.

AHHHH, the old meatball line.........RUN!!!! @meem120 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Well, I’ve only had one experience. Going into a grocery store one morning a man probably in his 80s was coming out. I always smile at anyone who’s eye I catch and we both smiled at each other. This was about 2 years ago and I’m 74 now. Anyway he drew closer to chat so we exchanged pleasantries. Wasn’t for long but I was aware he was gently taking my right hand into his and was slowly bringing it towards his crotch!

Since he wasn’t gripping it tight I was able to slide my hand out and said goodbye. I was in shock for a bit but then kicked myself for not taking his picture and then his car and license #. The police probably wouldn’t have been interested but I still would have taken it. 

That's it, no other approaches by men. I've chatted with men but never anything more than that. 

Respected Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

Well, I’ve only had one experience. Going into a grocery store one morning a man probably in his 80s was coming out. I always smile at anyone who’s eye I catch and we both smiled at each other. This was about 2 years ago and I’m 74 now. Anyway he drew closer to chat so we exchanged pleasantries. Wasn’t for long but I was aware he was gently taking my right hand into his and was slowly bringing it towards his crotch!

Since he wasn’t gripping it tight I was able to slide my hand out and said goodbye. I was in shock for a bit but then kicked myself for not taking his picture and then his car and license #. The police probably wouldn’t have been interested but I still would have taken it. 

That's it, no other approaches by men. I've chatted with men but never anything more than that. 

WHAT!!!!! OMGoodness how awful!!!! PERV even at that age it never stopsWoman Mad  

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess  You should read the post about the 80 yr old perv above this one....watch out ladies!!!

Respected Contributor

Never happened to me and I don't wear a wedding ring.  

Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite : I know and In my mind I’m yelling, “You’re a dirty old man”. He looked clean, neat and harmless so goes to show you never know

Respected Contributor

Wow I'm jealous all you ladies getting so much attention!  Nobody ever pays me any  mind!  And I am always dressed nicely, hair and makeup done, I am not overweight or ugly, only in my forties, and I'm a very open friendly person. I must give off the plague vibe.  I often feel ignored by the entire world.