Trusted Contributor

@annie315 wrote:

Yes, I am frequently plagued by this problem at the grocery store. The frozen food aisle is especially problematic as the men want to help thaw any ice or frozen particles in my life or cart. The other problem is the meat aisle.....meatballs and othe cuts of beef seem to generate a multitude of attention.....I need to avoid the kielbasa section for obvious reasons. Life is difficult at my age. But I love every minute of it.

🤣 

Honored Contributor

Consider it a compliment.  You must be pretty.  I think some men are lonely.  May be divorced, lost their wives, or in a bad marriage.

Age isn't a factor.

I know of someone at 93 who found a girlfriend.  She was 88.  Both of their spouses died.  He died two years ago at 97. 

He collected antique cars and would take her for drives in his 1938 Packard.  They were so cute together.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow, that is nice for a compliment, but I'd be freaked out. That guy would be invading my space.

I won't go into a long thing about what I'm about to say, just from experience, I think guys, many of them, really want a woman in their lives.  Some need to be taken care of, (my experience of referral).  That's all.  It's just my experience of observation, it doesn't mean ALL MEN are this way of course.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Men come up to me when I am out shopping.... just at Fred Meyer or even the dollar store... tell me how attractive I am.... and ask if I am married.....

I am not dressed to pick anyone up... just shopping.. married for 40 years.... They are men my age.... ;60 plus.    

Is this something older men do to any of you?  It does not bother me... I am just polite and thank them for the complement... and move on. It happened yesterday again. Nice gentleman.... but JUST WHY?

Why do they think it is OK?    I find it a bit creepy.

Wow!  You're lucky!  That NEVER happens to me.

I did have an old drunk ask me if I had some spare change recently, but that's it.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

I had a guy follow me around the grocery store. He finally approached me and asked me out. I declined. Told my dh and he howled with laughter. Woman LOL It was pretty funny. Woman LOL

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

This has literally (NOT ONCE) NEVER, EVER happened to me in my entire life. I’m giggling at the very thought. 

Perhaps I’m radiating negativity as I squeeze the kumquats. 

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

This has literally (NOT ONCE) NEVER, EVER happened to me in my entire life. I’m giggling at the very thought. 

Perhaps I’m radiating negativity as I squeeze the kumquats. 

I am thinking either i am ugly as heck,or not giving off good vibes!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Consider it a compliment.  You must be pretty.  I think some men are lonely.  May be divorced, lost their wives, or in a bad marriage.

Age isn't a factor.

I know of someone at 93 who found a girlfriend.  She was 88.  Both of their spouses died.  He died two years ago at 97. 

He collected antique cars and would take her for drives in his 1938 Packard.  They were so cute together.

‘38 Packard = YES!

93 yo BF? = Probably not.....

Honored Contributor

The only time they come up to me in the supermarket is when they have forgotten their glasses and need help finding or reading something!

Respected Contributor

I asked a tall guy to help me reach the pancake mix once.

He probably thought I was trying to pick him up. 

‘I just wanted my aunt Jemima.🤣