Respected Contributor

Sounds like flirting to me...nothing new or unusual.

Esteemed Contributor

You are very attractive, @SeaMaiden .  I remember you showed a photo of your long hair (no face, of course) and it is clear you are in good shape, plus, if judging by your posts is any indication, there is a certain moxie about you that I'm certain is appealing in person.

Rock on! 

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

You are very attractive, @SeaMaiden .  I remember you showed a photo of your long hair (no face, of course) and it is clear you are in good shape, plus, if judging by your posts is any indication, there is a certain moxie about you that I'm certain is appealing in person.

Rock on! 

@Sweetbay magnolia @That is very sweet....i try to take care of myself....but we all age on😩

Respected Contributor

I find that men are very polite and helpful to me when I  am out like holding doors etc. 

No attempted pickups.

I must have looked bad one day a man said: Miss do you need help?🤣

Trusted Contributor

I had a gentleman come over to me about the bread I was buying he was letting me know they had some on sale.  I said no thank you I perfer my brand of bread.  Then he told me about light bulbs on sale, just happened I needed a three way buld.  He took me over to where they were.  Kept on talking and followed me to the check out.  Very friendly.  He did not follow me outside though...he was very taklative..

Esteemed Contributor

I was finishing my free frosty at Wendy’s. A man who looked familiar stopped by my table and motioned to the frosty. He asked if I was local & I said, “yes”. 

I’m very hard of hearing, almost deaf in one ear and hearing aid in the other that is very good but picks up background noise. I read lips some. 

I talked to him about the frosty, he left and I still thought I knew him. Couldn’t place him. 

He returned with a frosty, said something I couldn’t hear and sat down at my table. 

I’ve been a widow for 15 years and intend to remain single. He kept trying to talk to me and I’ve learned not to answer “yes”. 

I told him I was sorry, but I couldn’t hear. Suddenly I knew he reminded me of my deceased Uncle who was quite a character. 

I didn’t know this man at all! I promptly said, “I’m sorry, but I have to leave”. He said he did too. We both left and I laughed all the way home thinking of the poor guy who picked the deaf lady! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have been off market for over 40 years....heck I do not think I am giving off any vibe of needing a man.  Last thing I am looking for at my age😄  I just find it a bit unnerving is all.

If you have long hair I have heard that men (no matter the age) are attracted to women with long hair.  Just a guess is all....or these men are truly lonely (starving) and they see what's in your shopping cart and think how they would like a woman to be cooking for them again.

Honored Contributor

I’ve had some random interactions with male strangers in supermarkets. 

No big deal, but what really weirded me out, was when a supermarket manager ( who I id’ed by the way he was dressed) told me that I was the most beautiful woman who shopped at his store.  Since I didn’t recall seeing him in the past, I felt like he’d been watching me on the store’s security cameras.   I felt like my privacy had been invaded. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

I find that men are very polite and helpful to me when I  am out like holding doors etc. 

No attempted pickups.

I must have looked bad one day a man said: Miss do you need help?🤣

I am sure he was trying to pick you up...

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have been off market for over 40 years....heck I do not think I am giving off any vibe of needing a man.  Last thing I am looking for at my age😄  I just find it a bit unnerving is all.

If you have long hair I have heard that men (no matter the age) are attracted to women with long hair.  Just a guess is all....or these men are truly lonely (starving) and they see what's in your shopping cart and think how they would like a woman to be cooking for them again.

so, stick to the packaged goods....