Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Even though I can rock a pretty smile,

my RBF is fairly strong, so...I go about my day

w/out anyone bothering me!

Yup this works for me. Except sometimes it leads to "you should smile". So original!  Honestly that was the biggest ice breaker line I got in bars when I was younger. And then those guys got to see why I was known for my eye roll. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Not lately thankfully.  Not out as much. Oh I was at the cemetery and a man became friendly. DH went to the car and we talked. Just lonely.

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, I am frequently plagued by this problem at the grocery store. The frozen food aisle is especially problematic as the men want to help thaw any ice or frozen particles in my life or cart. The other problem is the meat aisle.....meatballs and othe cuts of beef seem to generate a multitude of attention.....I need to avoid the kielbasa section for obvious reasons. Life is difficult at my age. But I love every minute of it.

Honored Contributor

Without reading all of the responses, some men want someone to take care of them!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question....Men...

[ Edited ]

@pigletsmom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Yup this works for me. Except sometimes it leads to "you should smile". So original!  Honestly that was the biggest ice breaker line I got in bars when I was younger. And then those guys got to see why I was known for my eye roll. Smiley LOL

Not sure why, bt guys still use that....just walking down the street

Esteemed Contributor

@annie315 wrote:

Yes, I am frequently plagued by this problem at the grocery store. The frozen food aisle is especially problematic as the men want to help thaw any ice or frozen particles in my life or cart. The other problem is the meat aisle.....meatballs and othe cuts of beef seem to generate a multitude of attention.....I need to avoid the kielbasa section for obvious reasons. Life is difficult at my age. But I love every minute of it.

loved yor post!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Not sure why, bt guys still use that....just walking down the street

Can you imagine saying that to a man?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question....Men...

[ Edited ]

OMG yes, even with my husband standing next to me. Men that age are lonely if they don't have a significant other and evidently they are confident enough to strike up a conversation. I don't mind, I usually just say, "oh that's sweet of you to say that" and I'm on my way. I need another old man like a need a hole in the head.LOL

Honored Contributor

Ladies! You made me laugh out loud. Not kidding! 😁 

Honored Contributor

My red hair has always gotten me a lot of attention, so grocery store and VA medical centers are where I’m most popular these days.