Honored Contributor

Question....Men...

[ Edited ]

Men come up to me when I am out shopping.... just at Fred Meyer or even the dollar store... tell me how attractive I am.... and ask if I am married.....

I am not dressed to pick anyone up... just shopping.. married for 40 years.... They are men my age.... ;60 plus.    

Is this something older men do to any of you?  It does not bother me... I am just polite and thank them for the complement... and move on. It happened yesterday again. Nice gentleman.... but JUST WHY?

Why do they think it is OK?    I find it a bit creepy.

Respected Contributor

Women do the same thing to men...nothing new.

Respected Contributor

Same thing happens to me.  Im always surprised.  One gentlemen asked me to make him meatballs..lol.  Another time I was taking a friend to PT and a gentlemen was taking his mom, we were scheduled at the same time and he always wanted to go for coffee.  I think people are just lonely sometimes, and its just nice to be kind.

Honored Contributor

@meem120 

Happens is right. Never give it thought afterwards. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@meem120 

Happens is right. Never give it thought afterwards. 

So it is common.... OK.... that makes me feel less  uncomfortable.  I would NEVER ask such a thing of a total  stranger so to me is is really ODD.

Esteemed Contributor

The grocery store is the best place to meet a nice single person......so the story goes!

Respected Contributor

This has never happened to me - hmmm...guess I look "unapproachable!" 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

No my experience isn't yours. In that you said happens often. In my experience twice complimented by strangers. Neither asked me personal questions. 

Honored Contributor

Even though I can rock a pretty smile,

my RBF is fairly strong, so...I go about my day

w/out anyone bothering me!

Respected Contributor

It happens occasionally- mostly with much older men. I'm in my mid 50s and mostly feel invisible where men are concerned. Imagine my surprise when a young coworker confessed he had a crush on me. I kind of guessed that when he asked me for my hotel room # over and over one night at a conference and then called me in the morning to apologize.

I'm sure that was the last chance I'll have in my lifetime!

Enjoy it when you can get it ladies!!!!