Respected Contributor

Re: Problems With Amazon Prime Shipping?

I recently signed up for a 30 day amazon prime membership (for Prime Day), and I was not impressed by the so-called quick delivery.  I did not notice any increased speed.  I cancelled it, because you can still get free shipping if you spend over $25 (which is not hard to do), without the additional Prime fees.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

@Boehm Collector 

Since this is a UPS delivery delay, @patticakes  might be able to get more information from Amazon.

I contacted Amazon just yesterday about a UPS delivery problem (delivery text sent in error) and was able to get specific information. 

And I agree, Amazon delivery is the worst. 

Wait!!!

What???

You mean....it isn't QVC with the worst delivery anymore????

Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I am proud to say that I have never had a package lost, and I have been ordering From Amazon pretty much since day 1.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I only had major problems with Amazon local delivery (AMZL). Very few problems with Amazon delivery by USPS or UPS.

And I’ve  never had problems with QVC delivery. I think it must depend on where one lives.

Esteemed Contributor

Same here. UPS used to deliver all of Amazon Prime packages here (even on Sunday). Not anymore. They're sent to the USPS and arrive when ever the post office gets them here. Too bad UPS broomed Amazon's shipping.

Respected Contributor

I must say that I have only had two issues with shipping when ordering from Amazon over the years and both were due to poor packaging. The first item spilled and UPS did a terrible job of explaining this so I had to call Amazon and they reshipped.

The second item was damaged and the post office contacted Amazon informing them of the damage. I was told to keep the item and they sent a replacement. The replacement arrived damaged and as stated it was due to poor packaging.

You should call Amazon first and attempt to trace the package...like others have stated they will either refund or replace if the item is available. This way you will know if you should go and purchase locally since you really need the item.

Honored Contributor

@patticakes 

Any problem I might have with anything Amazon, I call customer service. Almost always solves the problem. 

Should I ever need a "very important item" and can find it locally, even if it costs more, I buy it locally. Never had or will have your exact problem. Give 'em a call!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@ Montana 

I fully agree. Amazon should leave their deliveries to the companies that are strictly in the delivery business. Just stick to their selling, and in my experiences, great customer service.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I recently signed up for a 30 day amazon prime membership (for Prime Day), and I was not impressed by the so-called quick delivery.  I did not notice any increased speed.  I cancelled it, because you can still get free shipping if you spend over $25 (which is not hard to do), without the additional Prime fees.

I had Prime for a year and the advertised two-day shipping just never happened for me. Amazon always had excuses. I cancelled Prime and I seem to receive purchases just as quickly as when I had it. 

I don't order from Amazon as much as I used to. They now have so many counterfeit goods, or low-quality products. 

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why the OP even ordered this item if she said that she could have bought it locally and needs it ASAP. Why didn't she just go and buy it?? Amazon is certainly not to blame.Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"