Valued Contributor

Problems With Amazon Prime Shipping?

Many times lately I have been given a delivery date through UPS only to find delivery has been delayed one or more days.  Currently, I have a very important item scheduled for delivery today only to get a notice this am that delivery has changed with no updated time or day.  I really need this item and can purchase it locally and have it today. What should I do and what's my recourse through Amazon?

Respected Contributor

Re: Problems With Amazon Prime Shipping?

@patticakes 

Did you contact Amazon customer service?

Esteemed Contributor

@patticakes wrote:

Many times lately I have been given a delivery date through UPS only to find delivery has been delayed one or more days.  Currently, I have a very important item scheduled for delivery today only to get a notice this am that delivery has changed with no updated time or day.  I really need this item and can purchase it locally and have it today. What should I do and what's my recourse through Amazon?

@patticakes  ....  this happens  much too often with Amazon.  But I find it always happens when Amazon is doing the actual delivery.... never with items shipped via USPS or UPS. Whenever I get a email from Amazon stating that my package is delayed I KNOW that I will never receive it.  Unfortunately, many times when this has happened I try to re- order the item only to discover it is no longer available.  In fact, I had an order that was supposed to be delivered yesterday.. but I received the dreaded email.  I think that some of their employees are stealing packages.  How is it possible that a package in on the truck for delivery and all of a sudden just disappears??   I have never  (and I do most of my shopping on line) had any other on-line vendor lose packages on me.  It only happens with Amazon.  

Trusted Contributor

In reality I think you answered your question when you said you can purchase the item locally and get it today.

When you experience this problem is it with items sold through Amazon or its 3rd party retailers.  The issue may lie with the retailer who sold the product.

Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

@patticakes 

Did you contact Amazon customer service?

@ Montana  ... Amazon has lost MANY packages on me....... only those that are being delivered by Amazon (not the USPS or UPS).   When I call customer service the most they will do is refund the cost ...... but, all too often, when I try to re-order the item, it is no longer available.  Very frustrating!  And starting to get rather old.   No other on-line vendor has ever lost a package on me.  Whenever I receive an email from Amazon stating that my package is delayed I know I will never receive it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

In reality I think you answered your question when you said you can purchase the item locally and get it today.

When you experience this problem is it with items sold through Amazon or its 3rd party retailers.  The issue may lie with the retailer who sold the product.

@mimomof4  .. I have had Amazon lose MANY packages on me .... but it has always been with the packages that  are to be delivered by Amazon.... never those that have been shipped by the vendor via USPS or UPS.  

Respected Contributor

Are you sure it was eligible for "Prime" delivery?

I'd cancel it.  Or like someone else said contact Customer Service if you can't cancel.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector

Since this is a UPS delivery delay, @patticakes  might be able to get more information from Amazon.

I contacted Amazon just yesterday about a UPS delivery problem (delivery text sent in error) and was able to get specific information. 

And I agree, Amazon delivery is the worst. 

ETA: Amazon contacted me within seconds of asking them to call me about the problem order.  

Respected Contributor

When I shop with Amazon I usually choose the later delivery where you get the $1.00 off a kindle book purchase. They add up and I now have $10.00. You have to use it in a certain time frame, though.

Like you, I have learned that Prime delivery can be slow. I have never had anything lost. Returns are a breeze.

In my experience, Sephora and Belks are the worst to order on line from. Some things from Belks just never get shipped (I think they ship from stores that show the items in stock and then they don't come). Sephora has items showing in stock and then they are sold out, yada...end of my VIB status even though I tried to order. 

Bath and Body Works has the best packaging, very secure. Philosophy is good too but haven't ordered much directly from them.

Honored Contributor

You should Amazon's customer service or go online and request that CS call you.  They are fast, they call you back within an hour.  I buy a lot with Amazon Prime and I have had things arrive a day after the expected delivery date.  Lately, within the past several weeks, my Amazon Prime stuff comes via the Usps or Amazon drivers in the new little white vans.  I'm much of my Prime purchases in 24 hours now.  Pretty amazing.