Super Contributor

Pretty scary, my sister, a serial killer, and a new house

You may have recently seen on the news that a kidnapped woman in SC was recently found locked in a metal storage container alive, where she had been chained up for 2 months. Sadly, her boyfriend has been found murdered. Thirteen years ago, in another town near where she was found, 4 people were killed in a motorsports bike store. That crime went unsolved until today, when the person charged with kidnapping and murdering this young couple admitted to those murders as well. Law enforcement believes this person may also be responsible for many more unsolved missing person cases and/or murders in this area and continue to search the propery.

Now this is where this story has touched our family. My sister and her husband purchased a new home. They closed on the house mid-October. It turns out, the serial killer in the info above is her real estate agent. Yes, he's been a real estate agent in this area for a long time. She is un-nerved. On a number of occassions, she looked at things in the home alone with him. My brother-in-law and this guy are both pilots so they became fast friends with that in common. All those times she was alone with him...the "what ifs" are scary to think about. Unfortunately, all this has put a little dark cloud over her new home. I suggested she contact her minister and ask him to come through the house and bless it. I think that will help. My thoughts are with all those effected by the actions of this terrible person. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty scary, my sister, a serial killer, and a new house

@MercysMom wrote:

You may have recently seen on the news that a kidnapped woman in SC was recently found locked in a metal storage container alive, where she had been chained up for 2 months. Sadly, her boyfriend has been found murdered. Thirteen years ago, in another town near where she was found, 4 people were killed in a motorsports bike store. That crime went unsolved until today, when the person charged with kidnapping and murdering this young couple admitted to those murders as well. Law enforcement believes this person may also be responsible for many more unsolved missing person cases and/or murders in this area and continue to search the propery.

Now this is where this story has touched our family. My sister and her husband purchased a new home. They closed on the house mid-October. It turns out, the serial killer in the info above is her real estate agent. Yes, he's been a real estate agent in this area for a long time. She is un-nerved. On a number of occassions, she looked at things in the home alone with him. My brother-in-law and this guy are both pilots so they became fast friends with that in common. All those times she was alone with him...the "what ifs" are scary to think about. Unfortunately, all this has put a little dark cloud over her new home. I suggested she contact her minister and ask him to come through the house and bless it. I think that will help. My thoughts are with all those effected by the actions of this terrible person. 

@MercysMom

Oh my goodness!  That is really, really, too close to home!!!!  How awful that story is!  That man is pure and simple --- just evil!  How fortunate your sister and husband are that nothing horrible happened to them!  I tell you -- I would be so un-nerved and upset I really don't know what I would do if I were them!!!  I think I would do as you said, have their minister come in.    

When I heard that story, my skin just crawled.  It reminded me of the movie I recently watched about the poor woman that had been held captive and kept in that box all that time.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I cannot imagine how your sister and BIL feel right now.  I have friends in that area and it is worrisome that a "normal" looking person who had a good career could be so evil.

I agree about having their minister come in and bless each room of the home.  Your sister might also want to schedule some counseling sessions just to get herself settled again.  Being frightened doesn't go away just because this person has been arrested and will probably never get out of prison.

My thoughts and prayers are with them (and you) as your family deals with this.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

That is terrifying! 

Honored Contributor

For your family,

Image result for thoughts and prayers pics

Honored Contributor

How very lucky your sister is, just sends chills down my body.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@MercysMom, too scary for words.  I think having the house blessed is a good idea.  Best wishes to them.  LM

Honored Contributor

Fact is, People are misinformed. Serial killers unlike most people believe aren't the homeless drunk or meddlesome individual in your town or city. Mr.Dobbs starring Kevin Costner played serial killer. Successful handsome very unsuspecting. He even had secret room in his fancy mansion filled with his tools. My heart aches, For loss of life. Childhood I was victim of abduction, Though rescued years of PTSD crippled by being held against my will effected greatly from trust issues. Pleased reporting therapy and my determination not to allow the past control me come long way. Choose not taking meds, So when having panic attacks implement breathing exercises along with mentally visioning my happy place. Yes there is hope victims.
Honored Contributor

@MercysMom That is such a horrific story..I got goose bumps reading it.I hope that your sister and her husband will find a way to be happy in their new home.That horrible monster will be in jail forever so she will be safe there now.I think the minister coming to bless the home is a good idea.That way none of the evil presence can remain and only good blessings will be left.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity I don't know your story but I am happy that you are okay now.I believe in the strength of our mind and body to heal us if we just hang on and don't let go.You are strong and brave and because you didn't give up your abducter cannot destroy you.Lots of hugs to you!