Valued Contributor

What is your favorite part of the holidays.....

[ Edited ]

I  thought it might be fun to  see what other other posters favorite parts of the holidays are. Its is a good way to learn about each others lives.  I enjoy  the  change of seasons, here in the country the air is crisp and fresh.,the fields are bare and the view is panoramic .  I love planning  special holiday dinners for my sweet husband, Thinking about  crazy amounts of decorations coming out of storage like old favorite friends ,  makes my heary quicken with anticipation. What ever you enjoy i hope this season is one of the best! Thanks  in advance.Maryaane

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your favorite part of the holidays.....

The best part of the holidays for me is decorating the house. Transitioning from Fall decor to Christmas decor. Since I retired, I actually enjoy the changing of the weather. Easy to say when you don't have to go out in it. LOL

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

December 26th . 

Respected Contributor

Knowing I have NO gifts to buy except for my friend's birthday in December - my friends and I have gone "giftless" and enjoy the holidays stress free. 

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I love fall & it has been spectacular in the Midwest.  I love decorating this time of the year.  Mom passed away in March, so DH & I will have a simple lunch on Thanksgiving day, but we will count our blessings with our church with our Thanksgiving meal on the 20th.

Christmas will be with our immediate families.  Good food, fun fellowship & watching our 3 DGC opening their gifts.

Trusted Contributor

I like simple decorations, simple and comforting treats, and time with our sons and their families.  We've cut back on gift giving big time, but have so much fun together eating good food and playing games together on Christmas Day.  Much less stress for all of us.

Honored Contributor

I like the decorations, the old Christmas movies, the anticipation of a new year, time off work.  Family is important, but I typically don't see them at Christmas.  We get together and spend time at a different time.

Contributor

I love all of it--the decorating, the shopping & gift giving, the food, the crazy energy, and the best part, being with my family.

Honored Contributor

I like that question, think for me it's what brings back good childhood memories, and the traditions that go with it. I think music is a large of part of things I enjoy too.