Super Contributor

2ND UPDATE: After almost a year of unemployment my husband got a great job! A friend randomly reached out, remembering him from a past job.  God truly works in miraculous ways.  I thought I'd do a final update even though this is a very old post.

Original post:*******************************************************

My husband was laid off in April as he works as a project director in the oil and gas industry. As you can imagine with the oil price briefly going negative, and everything shut down, there simply are no jobs in his area of expertise. He checks daily for any postings and has a lot of contacts in the industry but the forecast right now is dismal.

But there was one job posted that is exactly what he did before. It's with an excellent company, great benefits and salary. He did a phone screen and the interviewer said they'd be soon scheduling in-person interviews (75 people applied).

I am requesting prayer that he might at least get an in-person interview.  He's been so down lately and the idea of having employment (and health insurance!) would be so great.

Thank you for your prayers.

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 Absolutely!  We have many friends in the energy industry and pray for all of us affected by it.  I will add you and yours to my list.

Respected Contributor

Re: Prayers please

[ Edited ]

Prayers for sure 🙏 My husband is in the same industry. He has had so many friends call to ask if he knows of any jobs available. We keep praying his job won't go away as well. He normally travels all year internationally and hasn't traveled at all this year. His boss won't allow it but we wonder how long he will keep him. Much luck to you and your husband! 

Honored Contributor

@busymom22 , will do. I wish him well.

Trusted Contributor

@busymom22 In my daily prayers, I shall add you and your dearest spouse !

Belive in God, He is good with His children.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

@busymom22   Though I don't know you, the good Lord does.  He knows all your needs and I pray that He will bless your husband with this interview and job opportunity.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

will say  prayers! 

Super Contributor

Thank you all so much. I am in tears right now.  It has been hard trying to keep positive these past few months. God has always provided and I know he will continue to do so!

Trusted Contributor

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

For all the families represented on this post who have concerns and needs, I pray you be encouraged soon. One thing that helps me when I get anxious is a reminder that my Higher Power knows me. My Higher Power hears me. Along with deep, cleansing breaths and long gratitude walks. Be encouraged.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau