Respected Contributor

Re: Pottery Barn Frustration

@KingstonsMom  Lol, well I am persistent.  I really did love those pillow covers.  And there was something else I was eventually able to order (for like 5 minutes my zip code could be shipped to).  

But really, that was my point.  Shopping there is not worth it for me anymore.  Even browsing the website is not worth it to me.  Why bother if there are so many things they won't allow me to buy?  Time waster.

How weird is that for their new business plan?  Don't allow customers to buy.  This shipping policy was started pre-pandemic, so it can't be blamed on that.  

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy  their lamps aren't returnable?!  drapes aren't returnable? vanity was not returnable?

What is going on with them? I hope they get it together - I want them to succeed.  It's been a really good store but some management people are making some really bad policies.

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@ScrapHappy  their lamps aren't returnable?!  drapes aren't returnable? vanity was not returnable?

What is going on with them? I hope they get it together - I want them to succeed.  It's been a really good store but some management people are making some really bad policies.

I know, right?!  I've called CS three times, months apart.  All told me furniture items cannot be returned.  I always asked just in case (what they consider furniture items).  I can see the lamps falling under that category but not the drapes or mirror.  I told CS that I would try/buy more things if they had a better return policy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars wrote:

@ScrapHappy  @moonandthestars   A friend of mine just returned a floor lamp to PB recently.  Also, I was looking at their Roman Shades this summer.  The ones they custom cut for you aren't returnable, but the others are.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@maisiebrook. Make no mistake, retailers DO have dates when merchandise is expected.  However due to supply chain and transportation interruptions,  these dates constantly change.  QVC and anyone who imports from overseas has the same problem.  It's beyond their control.  Manufacturers must be pulling their hair out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@moonandthestars wrote:

@ScrapHappy  @moonandthestars   A friend of mine just returned a floor lamp to PB recently.  Also, I was looking at their Roman Shades this summer.  The ones they custom cut for you aren't returnable, but the others are.

Really?  That's interesting.  I don't know why I keep being told that then.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

PB and WS have no return policies on certain markdowns /clearance and items they deem are special order. You have to search their FAQ's to read the terms.

I haven't shopped either since the pandemic but ITA to dispute the charge on your cc or PayPal. Just a simple ordered, not rec'd, over 30 days ago.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased an Emile Henry deep dish pie plate from Williams Sonoma online. When I received the pie pan I noticed a flaw in the glaze . I asked that the pan be replaced as an exchange . Well, of course there were no more like the one I bought in purple. They said I could not return the pie plate for an exchange even though it was defective . After alot of back and forth , they accepted it back as a refund voucher . I took the chance and bought another  one same style but different color for more money .

I will Never do business again with William Sonoma !

Respected Contributor

I just read the list of items that are non returnable. Lamps and drapes are NOT listed as non returnable. They do require a receipt and it is a 30 day return period.  Of course you can't return special order items, monogrammed items, rugs and mattresses. The list is pretty much standard. Furniture where you select the fabric is considered special order. Most stores do not take back close outs. Talbots doesn't take back items that are final sales.   I have not purchased a lot from Pottery Barn but I did purchase some pillow covers last year. They only had one  in the store and I wanted two so the sales person found it at another store ordered it for me and it was sent to me without a shipping charge. 

Esteemed Contributor

Before one orders from any online site, the Terms and Conditions should be read as well as the return section.