IMG_7569.JPG

~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: Positive Thoughts For Thursday

IMG_7630.JPG

~H~
Super Contributor

This is a wonderful way to begin my day.  Thank you so much. I am thankful for so many things but need to really express my gratitude each day.  Even the small things are reason to be thankful. I especially like the Thoreau sentiment.  I believe in stillness and quiet, happiness and joy come to us.  I also need to work on that.  I am partial to Thoreau because the museum I work at is in the town where he lived and he was good friends with author and her family. He was friends with the Alcotts and I am a tour guide at their hme where Louisa wrote Little Women so he plays a huge part in our interpretation of the home,area and family.

Have a blessed day.  Peace, Nancy 

Honored Contributor

http://quotesgram.com/positive-attitude-quotes-about-thursday/

Respected Contributor

@nj wrote:

This is a wonderful way to begin my day.  Thank you so much. I am thankful for so many things but need to really express my gratitude each day.  Even the small things are reason to be thankful. I especially like the Thoreau sentiment.  I believe in stillness and quiet, happiness and joy come to us.  I also need to work on that.  I am partial to Thoreau because the museum I work at is in the town where he lived and he was good friends with author and her family. He was friends with the Alcotts and I am a tour guide at their hme where Louisa wrote Little Women so he plays a huge part in our interpretation of the home,area and family.

Hi @nj !

What a cool story about "Thoreau"...Thank You, for sharing that.

nj, I look forward each day hearing from you.  You are such an inspiration to your students.  They are very blessed to have such a dedicated teacher with the passion to teach that you have. 

Have a "Blessed Day" my friend!

Honored Contributor

Wishing all your needs are met, and the gifts of health ,and happiness, most of all

Esteemed Contributor

@nj wrote:

Nancy, I have been fortunate to visit Walden Pond and have seen the replica of Thoreau's home there.  I do have a copy of "Walden or, Life in the Woods."  It is amazing what one can learn from his philosophy of life.  I don't live too far from Emily Dickinson's home in Amherst, which is also a wonderful place to visit.  Her poetry is also an example of quiet reflection.

What an honor it is for you to serve as a tour guide at Louisa's home.  You live in a beautiful and historic part of the country.  

Peace to all, Pam

Super Contributor

Pam and Bella, thank you for your comments and support.  I love what I do at school and the museum.  Both, extremely rewarding and special to me.  

The Concord, MA area is so lovely and filled with history.  Makes me feel as if I am home when I am there!

Take care and peace, Nancy