Image result for Veterans Day Appreciation Quotes

Blessings, Love and Hugs!

Respected Contributor

Re: Positive Thoughts For Friday

Image result for Veterans Day Appreciation Quotes

Respected Contributor

Hi Gals...

Just giving a shout out  today to my Daddy who is 92 yrs old.  He is a WWII Veteran.

Dad was drafted into the Army the day after graduating from High School.  The United States wanted to take the boys who were seniors out of school and draft them immediately.  PA and the school district voted and said "Our Boy's Will Graduate First".  Dad turned 18 on May 22, on May 23 he graduated, on May 24 he was drafted into the United States Army.      

Dad fought all over Europe.  He was in 5 Major Battles including the Battle of the Buldge. 

Dad's Division was involved in the liberation of Paris.  The famous picture of WWII the "United States Army Marching Down the Champs Elysee", in that picture is my Dad. 

Dad was awarded the Bronze Star. 

Today Daddy ..."I Salute You", a "True American Hero".

Dad you are always in my heart...Bless You!  Heart  

Honored Contributor

http://plusquotes.com/images-veterans-day-photos-november.php

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @Bellabutterfly, for posting on Veterans' Day. I love the story about your dad!

Honored Contributor

IMG_7546.JPG

~H~
Super Contributor

Be still, and know.
Super Contributor

Be still, and know.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bellabutterfly, What a touching story about your dear Dad.  My Dad served by training physical education to pilots stateside.  My parents married shortly after he was drafted.  So far from their home in CT.  They had decided to marry before he was drafted, so my Mom went down to Florida, where Dad was stationed.  They liked to joke there were only five people in the church at the wedding ceremony- my Mom and Dad, a couple who offered to be Maid of Honor and Best Man, and the priest!  And I was later born in an army hospital in Florida.  They had a very happy marriage and were eternally devoted to one another.

But what your Dad went beyond heroic!  And to think of how young he was!  Just a kid.  He sounds like such an amazing man!

Thank you to all our vets, wherever they served!  

Honored Contributor

Blessing on all of our military, past and present